UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i have 5 cats one living with her kittens in bedroom rest are about the house and for first time ever last night about 4 times we had mass warfair! proper full on bundle fights i have had all these cats for a least a yr oldest being 6 apart from my queen the rest are acting oddly still it very tense atmosphere they all hissing at one another and im at a loss at how to restore the peace

·
Registered
147 Posts
The link given by HollyM has good info, but from what you've said in your post I'd say it's territorial and pretty normal behavior for young cats/kittens. As long as the fighting doesn't get too bad leave them to it. Cats have a hierarchy system and need to work out who is 'Top Cat'.

·
Registered
5,927 Posts
The link given by HollyM has good info, but from what you've said in your post I'd say it's territorial and pretty normal behavior for young cats/kittens. As long as the fighting doesn't get too bad leave them to it. Cats have a hierarchy system and need to work out who is 'Top Cat'.
I'll second this....it's quite normal for them to do this and they'll all work it out amongst themselves....there's been a shift in their 'norm' with your female kitty going away to have babies so they'll be readjusting themselves....no doubt they'll do it all over again once she is reintroduced into the household agan.
Do you make sure she has a little time every few hours away from her kitties?
Clare xx

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yes she does come out and join in the fighting but majority of time is spent with kittens its starting to get a bit more back to normal has taken alot longer than i thought it would but apart from the odd hissing fit now all seems calmer and ty for the link was very helpfull we have decided to get the last of the boys neautered i think this may be making the problem worse

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.