Welcome!

Welcome to PetForums, the UK's most popular and friendly pet owners community. Please 'Sign Up' if you'd like to take part and contribute to our forum.

Fighting ferrets

Discussion in 'Ferrets' started by Hannahbish, Jun 27, 2018.

1. Hannahbish

Hannahbish PetForums Newbie

I got a 6 week old hob two days ago and he had settled in quite well since then and fallen asleep in my hands etc but I was told they needed to be in pairs so I got another one today. They were from different breeders as each breeder only had one Hob left. My first ferret is 6 weeks and very tiny, my second is 9 weeks and the breeder said he hadn’t seen such a large ferret in all his years of breeding, he was as big as his dad! They’re both at home now in a very large cage together, the tiny one, Eddie, at the bottom and he’s still wobbly on his feet at his age and Ozzy, the larger ferret is at the top and walks down sometimes.

My problem is that Ozzy (big) bites the smaller ferret really hard on his scruff. Although he tries to fight back he isn’t strong enough. I know I’ve heard to let them live out the fight To teach them but I’m worried for eddies (tiny) safety as he’s so small and only opened his eyes last week (he’s so undeveloped bless him)

How would I stop this?

Attached Files:

2. SharpDiss

SharpDiss PetForums Newbie

I've heard that if unneutered males are together they tend to fight, though won't usually hurt one another. Don't take my word for it though, I'm a SERIOUS newbie myself, it's just what I have heard.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice