Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Fighting Cats

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by Amzy, Aug 17, 2009.

1. Amzy

Amzy PetForums Junior

Hi all!

Hope you can help!

I have 4 kittys 2 15 week old kittens who other than being cuddly and noisey are fine!

Then I have chillie who is a boy hes is 4 and Phe who is a girl and is 2 they have both been done.

Chillie and Phe happily sat together cuddled and were just dandy, even when the kitten got here they were fine but the past 2 weeks they have been having very intense fights like furm flying hissing growling the lot.

They do it for about 20mins at a time then stop and they are doing it like twice a day, I actually have to break it up!

The 5 mins later they are cleaning each other and cuddling up together nice as pie!

Chillie is a lover not a fighter he is very chilled and calm but he seems to be starting it!

What can I do? whats wrong!?

I have been on hols the past 3 weeks so have been here alot of the time but im back to work a week tomorrow and im worried this happens when im out!?

Has anyone got any advice!?

Thanks in advance!

2. Amzy

Amzy PetForums Junior

Anybody got any ideas!?

3. sullivan

sullivan PetForums VIP

Cats Are Very Fickle You May Find Its Because The Kittens Are Getting Older And There Trying To Sort Out Whos Boss Keep An Eye You May Find Things Settle After Your Kittens Have Been Neutered And Have Calmed A Bit With Age.

4. Elmstar

Elmstar PetForums VIP

I wouldn't worry too much as they clearly don't hate each other like some of ours. Make sure they have plenty of toys to play with and if possible give them a break from each other for a little time each day.

5. xpalaboyx

xpalaboyx PetForums VIP

try to give them their own space... maybe that will work...

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice