Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Fight

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Pampered pets, Mar 26, 2011.

1. Pampered pets

Pampered pets PetForums Senior

Just had a major fight between my collie and Dalmation,it started off in the living room moved to the kitchen then the stairs, it was bad and I couldn't get in to split them without dangering myself, had to throw water on them.

In the process they broke my laptop and Hoover so I'm afraid the descision has been made that sunny goes, I just can't risk my dogs or sunny who already has a torn ear, I'm devastated but the dogs have made it clear they just can't live together.

I have just spoke to Dalmation rescue who have been excellent and he will now be added to the rehoming list, if it gets to bad and any of the dogs become endangered he will be moved to kennels.

What a sad day :(

2. shells

shells PetForums VIP

aww hun so sorry that you have to go through this but as you said they have taken the choice away and you have to do what is best for both of them. big (((((hugs)))))

3. Eroswoof

Eroswoof Guest

:( Oh no :(

I'm so sorry for all of you

Em
    xx

4. Hb-mini

Hb-mini PetForums VIP

Ahh no, so sad. Hope he finds a home soon. xxx

5. Jackie99

Jackie99 PetForums VIP

I am very sorry it has come to this for you. You have posted your concerns on here and it is cear you have struggled and tried the best you can. It is obvious it wasn't an easy decision. I am glad the rescue are being supportive and hopefully Sunny will find somewhere he can feel settled.

6. Dally Banjo

Dally Banjo PetForums VIP

Im so sorry :( they are stuborn, bossy, so & so's :rolleyes: huge hugs to you all xxx

7. Pampered pets

Pampered pets PetForums Senior

Sunny Is lied across my knee now not a care in the world which makes me upset, however I only have to look at my collie who Is lied at my feet staring at me and I can tell he Is still stressed :(

I really wish there was a way round it I was quite prepared to work on all his other issues and have in fact already dealt with his unbelievable food issues, we did make progress in some areas but fighting Is the one thing I can't correct.

Somebody will get a good dog with a little perseverance and a firm hand, I'm really sad we didn't get to try agility I think he would of loved it.

8. Sled dog hotel

Sled dog hotel PetForums VIP

Im so sorry it has come to this, I know you have tried. It is a heartbreaking decision, but with two dogs who are constantly fighting and to such a degree now, I think it would just escalate more in all honesty. Everyone must be living in a constant state of stress wondering when the next one might happen.

As hard as it is im pretty sure you have done the right thing. Its good you have decided to rehome him through Dally welfare, they are dedicated too and know their breed, so will be able to find a correct and lasting home for him Im sure.

9. metaldog

metaldog PetForums VIP

Oh dear that's bad news, you've tried your best for him hun, no one could have tried harder.

While he's still there you could try a pet corrector spray to break up any fights to prevent them escalating or you getting hurt splitting them up.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice