Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Fiat Garage

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by CharleyRogan, Apr 6, 2011.

1. CharleyRogan

CharleyRogan PetForums VIP

I think I have been ripped off by the local Fiat garage! For my last MOT I got it done twice, one with a local independant garage, and then with the official fiat place.

The independent one told me all sorts was wrong with it and tried to buy it off me, whereas I got stuff done on recall for free at the Fiat place and they did the MOT for me. They told me I needed a wiper blade and a bulb to pass which the independent one didn't pick up evern though they were done about 3 days apart.

I think the Fiat place has left my old crappy wiper blade on because its rusted to hell and has snapped and still charged me OR they have charged me £15 for a crap quality one which has rusted to hell and snapped in 9 months. My poundland one on the other side is still going strong and shows no sign of wear and tear and that one was put on before going for MOT. And I checked the bulbs before the MOT, like 20 mins before and they were all working. I suppose one could have unfortunately gone on the way but the chances are slim.

But had I said oh I'll bring a new one with me, they would have charged me £35 for a retest for a wiper blade which again wouldn't be worth it, so they got me into a situation where I had to give them money. Trivial I know but that £15 could have gone on road tax or a quarter of a tank of petrol, something beneficial.

2. harley bear

harley bear PetForums VIP

I NEVER use the 'official' garages they just rip you off as much as they can get away with.

Find a local backstreet garage and test the water if you are happy with then and you are a regular customer they wont rip you off! Mine are worth their weight in gold.

3. CharleyRogan

I think it was because I was getting a load of free work done as it was on recall because they had made it poorly the first time!

4. CharleyRogan

Thanks I didn't know that! Argh so I have been definitely been done over by the Fiat place :(

5. bigdaddy

bigdaddy PetForums VIP

thats why they are called

Stealers not dealers

6. MoggyBaby

MoggyBaby PetForums VIP

You will also find that because you are female, they treat like you know nothing!!

I am very lucky in that the garage I now use is owned by a woman & she is well up-front. I used to take my car to another local garage & everytime I was told "You'll need new brake pads soon...." When I took it to my current garage, I mentioned this to them and, after checking, was told there was nothing wrong with the pads. I eventually had to replace them last year. SEVEN years after first being told to do so....!!! :eek: :eek:

This link might be helpful as it contains proper customer reviews so might highlight the shysters in your area.

Good Garage Reviews | Find Me A Garage

7. CharleyRogan

I been to 4 garages in my area, all of them being with 2 roads of my house and they are all shite!

1. Angled Grinded my brake shoes because he couldn't find the reason my brakes where binding - I then asked a friend of a friend and he told me straight off my wheel was buckled, charged me £70 for the privilidge of 10 mins work

2. When went for MOT said my car was a wreck and needed all sorts when in fact I got through my MOT and paid £115 for parts- these being 4 new tyres, wiper blade and a bulb

3.Fiat place did me out of money

4. One stole my brake shoes and only put the new drums on so when I took them off to check because the wheel was still binding, I found out that the old shoes where still on there!

Thats 4 different garages!!!

8. CharleyRogan

None of the garages in my area have any reviews!!!!!

9. bigdaddy

bigdaddy PetForums VIP

sell the car get a bike :lol:;)

10. CharleyRogan

I have found I can upgrade froma 1.1 to a 1.6 without paying increased insurance so when I get some money I'm getting a better car :D I would kill myself on a bike!

11. GoldenShadow

GoldenShadow PetForums VIP

How? :) :) :)

12. CharleyRogan

Endsleigh :D That company is wonderful

I have seen a Renault Megane coupe 1.6 sport really cheap so thought I would see how much it would be to insure, so, tried endsleigh and its going to cost £80 a month which is £35 a month cheaper than what I am paying now for a 1.1 :D

13. harley bear

Get a mechanic to give it a very thorough look at it before you buy it, i wish i had taken everyones advice and not brought my megane ....i had it three weeks and it was scrap on wheels.

14. CharleyRogan

Will do! My mechanic friend is coming with me because he is good at that bartering thing, and will check it out for me :D Also has 12 months MOT :D

15. harley bear

How old is it?

16. GoldenShadow

GoldenShadow PetForums VIP

Haha you have loads of luck with Endsleigh I don't :rolleyes:

17. bigdaddy

bigdaddy PetForums VIP

£80 per month:eek:

18. CharleyRogan

51 plate, so late 2001

19. CharleyRogan

£115 a month at the moment for a 1.1 97 fiat punto!

20. CharleyRogan

yeah i love this company :D :D :D BUT I don't know what they are like for paying out, they could be complete ******s!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice