Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

fever in my cat

Discussion in 'Cat Health and Nutrition' started by Viv1974, Jul 25, 2009.

1. Viv1974

Viv1974 PetForums Newbie

I am very worried about Monkey, my 4 year old tabby. Normally vocal and happy he has gone down hill fast. Yesterday I noticed how lethargic he was so took him to the vet. He had a temp of 104.5. The vet gave him a couple of jabs and said he should perk up in mo time. This morning he seems happier but doesn't seem to be able to jump, and when he walks and turns he seems to almost wobble. He normally rolls over and lets me rub his tummy but today seems like he might be in pain somewhere and is just sitting....what do people think???

2. gesic

gesic PetForums VIP

From what u descibe my first thought would have been a knock pos with a car that has badly bruised him. But as u have had him at the vets they must have discounted this? Just for peace of mind have a look at his hind c;aws and see if they are at all scuffed or freyed?
    Either way I would be going back to the vets. Another pos as to a wobbly hind region (again to do with a traumatic injury) is something called iliac thrombosis which is very painful and affects the lower spine. Its a blood clot.
    Its saturday n vets may be closed tomorrow 4 the week end so I would take him back.

3. Viv1974

Viv1974 PetForums Newbie

thank you for your reply. I am taking him back today for them to look over again. He clearly feels tons better but is still not right. I'm really worried as I fly out on hols tonight and I will be worried sick about him....hopefully it will turn out to be nothing.....

4. Danny21

Danny21 PetForums Junior

The vet didn't say anything about his wobbling? That's pretty weird. Try take him to the vet again and mention specifically what's wrong. The vet may overlook the problem the first time.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice