UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
5,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Or am i a bad doggy mum? Lol

I openly admit that Kira is my number one, always has been and always will be. In my eyes shes completely perfect, no trouble at all, well mannered, well behaved, calm, and i've been told before that she is a credit to both me and the breed (by someone high up in the breed club!)

I try not to show it around the others, i treat them as equally as i can, they all get cuddles and love, and she doesnt really get any special treatment, though she is the one who goes to shows, but thats purely because shes the best behaved, and therefore most approprite to take to a show!

Theres just a connection there with her that isnt there with the others, shes my doggy soulmate! :lol:

Is it just me? :eek:

·
Registered
11,079 Posts
No its not just you, but saying that I thought I had a favorite some years back, then I had another favorite then another and so on, they are all my favorites tho:D:D:D:D

·
Registered
20,845 Posts
I actually dont, my two are so different I love them for their differences, Bella is harder work than Henrick but shes also a funnier and cheekier, Henrick is my dependable boy and they are both very loving, I honestly couldnt choose a favourite.

·
Registered
10,506 Posts
Enzo is defiantly my favourite (my baby) :eek: I got Shelby when my daughter was 6 months old which i do regret, it was just the wrong time. I was too busy with a baby and Shelby was very hard work for 18m , where i would of happily rehomed her if someone i know would of taken her. So i never formed a bond with her :( even though she loves me to bits :(

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
Well I adore them both, but Breeze is "my baby"; Scooter is my mum's dog (and substitute fourth child I think). It took a lot of time and patience to integrate her into a home situation from a kennel so we bonded through that, and I was the only familiar thing when she moved in with us as I'd met her 6 months prior to that. She desperately wants to please and is my little shadow.

I do madly love scooter as well but he really identifies as being mum's dog and always has done, plus he's less "portable" than Breeze so doesn't tend to go as many places with me - 99% of the time I think he'd rather stay at home with a kong :D

I think everyone has some dogs they connect with more than others, have really noticed this at work! Some dogs that I find difficult others find easy to work with and vice versa.
Really struggle to connect with OH's Major, he's a real one-person dog and a polite tail wag is about as much affection as he gives everyone else.

·
Registered
5,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Enzo is defiantly my favourite (my baby) :eek: I got Shelby when my daughter was 6 months old which i do regret, it was just the wrong time. I was too busy with a baby and Shelby was very hard work for 18m , where i would of happily rehomed her if someone i know would of taken her. So i never formed a bond with her :( even though she loves me to bits :(
That is mine and diesel relationship down to a T! He has been so much hassle and hard work that i havent bonded with him at all, some days i would go as far as to say i dont like him (but thats only if hes hurt one of the others) in all honesty the one reason hes here is because no one suitable would have him.

Sad but unfortunately true. Of course he doesnt know this, he gets cuddles and food so hes happy, typical staffy! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,549 Posts
I have admitted before that Nicky is my favourite.

Because Tig came to me when he was 11 i didnt want to get too attached which did affect our bonding. He has bit me badly which didnt help either. It took time but i must admit i do the love old fella to pieces.

However, Nicky is still my boy. Hes not as well behaved as Tig but im my eyes he can do no wrong. :eek: i cant imagine loving any dog as much as i do Nicky. :001_wub:

·
Registered
13,811 Posts
Course I do - it's Flynn, no contest! :D

·
Registered
23,239 Posts
My favourite is my middle 'child' Hannah!:D Even though she is the most stubborn and has her issues Ive just bonded extra with her. Weirdly she was the one I didnt bond with much as a puppy (she was 6 weeks old, or maybe younger, and just looked like a newborn puppy so I was terrified of her getting hurt).:rolleyes:
Not that you can tell most days when I have all 3 lined up on my lap snoozing like sardines in a can!LOL:laugh: Also its probably Heidi that gets the most attention as she seems to need more mummy time then the other 2.
I dont think having a favourite makes much of a difference to how you treat them. Heck, you can even say it in front of them and they wont mind!!

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Balto :eek:
And im his favourite person :)
He is my baby and my dog, the first i have owned on my own. OH is not left out tho as jenna adores him.
I used to cry when we first had balto as he would prefer his own company and take his self off in to another room, i thought he didnt like us! :eek:
It was until he broke his leg and i was with him all day everyday that it changed, i had a month of work so could care for him :) and he has been my little man ever since :)
I was out last night (just at in laws) and oh took them up to bed with him and balto paced the room until i came home and got in bed which he then joined us in :)
I love them both so much but with balto he really is my doggy soulmate!
One moment really sticks in my mind when i came in from
Work crying and sat on the floor of our kitchen he sat in my lap and i just held him and sobbed, he knew mum needed a special balto cuddle
Lol look at me rambling :eek:

Katie

Xx

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
We love them both so much, although our boy has an extra special place in our hearts because he was our first dog and being a guarding dog breed we have formed such a strong bond with him, as he loves being with us, comforting us, protecting us and seeing us as part of his pack.
Our girl however is more independent, she is also more mischievous and cheeky but we love her for it!

·
Registered
4,015 Posts
Not sure really.
Possibly frank just a little bit.:eek:
Only because he was poorly when he was young and he's a bit of a tear away.i always have him when we go out walking with my my mom or husband cause I don't want anyone else to get mad with him and his 'special' ways.
I'm a bit possessive with him I think:rolleyes: he's my little nightmare!!

But on the other hand,yesterday at swimming,Freddie wasn't too sure about going in out of his depth and the look in his eyes when he was fixated on me was full of trust and I melted.:001_wub:

Love them both to bits though.

·
Registered
19,792 Posts
Kite's my favourite. She's much easier to get along with, cleverer, better looking, more openly affectionate to me. And she hasn't got any of Ziggy's obsessions over joining in team sports, or trying to kill me by tipping my into culverts or leaving me with permanent damage to my knee.

·
Registered
535 Posts
Lucky is my heart dog :) he is just so loving and dependerble I just love him to bits, On I is just so different I love her too as well as Angel. Brillo on the other had is also a heart dog big personality, cheeky and so dam cute lol

I love all my dogs though who couldn't lol

·
Registered
10,311 Posts
My favourite is whichever one ISNT on my sofa or my side of the bed, but in reality no, unlike the kids, cos they wind me up.....

·
Registered
13,811 Posts
Balto :eek:
And im his favourite person :)
He is my baby and my dog, the first i have owned on my own. OH is not left out tho as jenna adores him.
I used to cry when we first had balto as he would prefer his own company and take his self off in to another room, i thought he didnt like us! :eek:
It was until he broke his leg and i was with him all day everyday that it changed, i had a month of work so could care for him :) and he has been my little man ever since :)
I was out last night (just at in laws) and oh took them up to bed with him and balto paced the room until i came home and got in bed which he then joined us in :)
I love them both so much but with balto he really is my doggy soulmate!
One moment really sticks in my mind when i came in from
Work crying and sat on the floor of our kitchen he sat in my lap and i just held him and sobbed, he knew mum needed a special balto cuddle
Lol look at me rambling :eek:

Katie

Xx
Awe bless Balto, what a sweet guy :001_wub:I think when you get a special Mal they just out shine the rest. A breed that can be aloof that turns round and becomes the 'one man dog' it's supposed not to be is a treasure and makes you feel that bit more special. I know I'm Flynns favourite, he watches me like a hawk most times, passes by others to get to me while ignoring them and lies by my bed all night - getting up occasionally to lay his head on my chest and have a kiss, just checking on me. ;)
He has a wonderful 'sense of humour' and knows instantly if I'm winding him up for a laugh. He has capabilities to keep me happy and focussed in life that Kali and Mart don't have and I sometimes feel he actually does know what I'm on about when I waffle to him.

Can't remember ever actually telling him off even though he has been a real trial for me at times - I just can't and as I know he won't always be here I make the most of every day with him. Gonna be lost when my soulmate is no longer here!

·
Registered
12,225 Posts
I have a favourite depending on what activity I'm doing.

Sadie and Jack are the favourites for quiet peaceful walks.
Louie is my favourite for clicker training.
Pennie hasn't got a favourite spot yet, but she's a great snuggler.
Benjie, not a favourite of mine I have to say, probably because he's so hard to bond with - what with the biting me and growling at me for simply walking by..

·
Super Moderator
29,624 Posts
I don't really have a favourite- Bob & Rogue are technically 'mine' & Trix is everyone's, so those 2 get more of my attention, but I feel Rogue loves my OH much more than she does me, even though I do everything for her:(

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.