Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Ferral Cats?kittens

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by rottiesloveragdolls, Aug 8, 2009.

1. rottiesloveragdolls

My Sis inlaw has just bought a property which needs a lot doing to it but is liveable its gots lots of out buildings and sit on over 4 acres, we went down there today and noticed about 20 ferral cats with kittens running everywhere they are so beautiful but cant get near any of them :(
    Trouble is she dont want them as she has her own cats (3) all been done :)
    they are all starving hungry but has been told not to feed them :(

They have called rspca but they wont do anything about them :mad:
    Anyone got any suggestions to what she can do :confused:

colliemerles likes this.
  2. FREE SPIRIT

FREE SPIRIT PetForums VIP

Who and why has she been told not to feed them? Even if they remained feral/outdoor cats i would still put food down for them if no-one else would help.

3. nicki2202

nicki2202 PetForums Member

How about the cats protection league if there is a branch in your area? I know they took feral cats in my neighbourhood and neutered them all before bringing them back, that way they couldn't breed

4. rottiesloveragdolls

she is feeding them when she goes down there (on a daily basis) but as i said not moving in for a while she was told not to feed them as then they might move on :eek: they come up close about 6 ft but no closer and they sit and watch us, they are so cute all of them albeit a bit thin :( but if we see around 20 bet theres more hiding and next year could double :eek:
    But if no 1 will catch them and do something what is she to do? theres a few hearless so and so`s out there who said stick a load of food down with poison in :eek: you can imagin the horror on her face when told that :(
    some cat protection must be able to do something but dont no where to start? she dont want them back once they have been taken away?

5. nicki2202

nicki2202 PetForums Member

6. rottiesloveragdolls

Thanx for that i will check it out :)

7. ellie8024

ellie8024 PetForums VIP

if cats protection cant help you, check out catchat.org and they can give you a list of rescues in your area most of whom should be able to come out and catch them

8. Try your local cats protection league and any other local independant rescues.

Most have a policy for trapping, neutering and then releasing ferals in to specific areas where they will be fed xxx

9. rottiesloveragdolls

we called the local cats protection yest as well as the ones further a field, and NONE of them were interested :eek: they havent got the facilities to cope with that amount of ferral cats and as for the rspca who is only 2 miles away :mad: One lady did say she could pos get some cages sent to borrow to catch them but once caught it was upto my Sis in law to deal with them?
    And she said if they were caught and taken away there would be a big chance they would be vet checked neut/spayed and brought back :eek: she dont want them back :(

10. hiya hun where are you?

will see if the rescue i volunteered for can help you out!

11. rottiesloveragdolls

Cambridgeshire, thanks :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice