Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

feringa cat food....

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by Kittenfostermummy, Jan 22, 2015.

1. Kittenfostermummy

Kittenfostermummy PetForums VIP

anyone feed this??

I am in an eternal nightmare of trying to find a food that suits all three of my cats, Bugs vomits with grains, Lia has ongoing issues with diarrhea and Chewitts' fur feels very greasy when she is fed on the Porta 21 grain free food and becomes quite quiet on it.

2. Zephodi

Zephodi PetForums Senior

If it's the wet food you're inquiring about, I feed the Menu Duo Duck & Veal, Rabbit & Turkey and occasionally the Salmon & Turkey. What is it you'd like to know?:)

3. Aubrie30

Aubrie30 PetForums Senior

Rupert LOVES feringa. He loves all the wet food flavours and his bowl is clean within seconds.

4. Kittenfostermummy

I am sure you are all going to shoot me down but my lot are predominantly dry fed. I make sure they drink plenty and they do have wet food at times but a) they are not massive wet fans and b) finding a wet food they will a) eat all the time and b) not upset tums is a nightmare now! Bugs wolfs it down and then fetches it straight back up almost every time now :(

So in answer to your questions it is about the dry I am asking. I was just thinking that it was grain free AND had pumpkin in so may help with atleast two of the three cats and it would be fab if it helps Chews fur and energy levels as well :)

5. Lilylass

Lilylass PetForums VIP

I got a trial pack for Mia in my last order but not tried it yet :eek:

Have you tried Ropocat? (Granatapet & OmmNomNom are also I believe grain free but quite a bit more expensive, especially with 3 to feed).

All Products | The Happy Kitty Company

6. Kittenfostermummy

I haven't tried that, I am thinking of possibly trying a raw based diet with the cats though as I have a supplier that has opened up in the village where I work so I could buy some each week and not have to worry too much about freezer space which I don't have. I am not sure how much they would take to it though or even how to go about changing them from the dry to the raw!?!?

I need to look into costings as well as it is not easy trying to find a food that suits them all and I can easily afford.

Raw is something that has often interested me though as I would love to see the benefits in the litter trays!!!

7. Lilylass

Lilylass PetForums VIP

:eek: sorry I didn't realise it came in dry so I'd responded thinking it was wet :eek:

If you do try it (the dry), I'd be interested in knowing how you get on - really struggling with Archie's eating again and he's not gained the 1/2 kg he lost when he was ill at Christmas (and he was at least 1/2 kg underweight before that :()

He ate loads of wet just after he was ill but is picking at it again - actually resorted to Whiskas yesterday (which he ate :rolleyes:)

He does like to snack on dry though and, really, if I can't get him to eat more wet, I have to let him have the dry ..... he ate Porta21 for a bit but went off it

Sadly he likes RC foods but I'd really not have him on then if I can get him to eat something else

If you fancy trying the Ropocat, let me know & I can send you a couple of cans (bought for Mia but she's gone off it! :rolleyes:)

8. Kittenfostermummy

Well it is pay day next week so it is already in my zooplus basket ready to place an order and I will see how we go and let you know xxxx

9. chillminx

chillminx PetForums VIP

One of my cats loves Feringa Lamb, a flavour which apparently the manufacturer has now discontinued!:mad2:

The rabbit flavour gave the cat smelly intestinal gas, and I couldn't get him to eat the other flavours.:(

10. Kittenfostermummy

Fingers crossed I have better luck with it with my three!

11. georgypan

georgypan PetForums Senior

I give Feringa dry as a less bad alternative to RC which Bluebell was totally addicted to. I managed to wean her off the RC onto Porta 21 but it smells horrible so I now allow her a small amount of Feringa dry although both she and Henry are fed raw and high quality canned. The Feringa dry seems to be popular enough. In fact, for the past week I have been leaving out a bowl of the dry all the time as I am in a round of hospital visiting. My husband had a stroke last Monday and I have been spending so much time out of the house at the hospital that the cats are being a little bit neglected, so I leave out their normal raw and canned before I leave the house and a bowl of Feringa dry just in case I'm delayed.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice