Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

female persuasion or tacticle persuasion!

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by welshjet, Apr 17, 2011.

1. welshjet

welshjet PetForums VIP

Good job my other half dont see this or I will be in trouble

What I done yesterday perphaps is a bit of emotional blackmail, our local cpl had an open day which also included a a bit of a charity appeal, as they are now starting to get pregnants mums and kittens in, they are appealing for blankets and towels.

Quick visit to Asda to pick up weekly shopping also included me popping in a few towels and also some nice fleece blankets.

We were due to go to airport to pick up OH's mum and took a detour to centre to drop off the bits and bobs that we had put to one side for them.

Before we went in, I tested the water and it was a straight, "No, we got one and we said just one".

Well about an hour later, and me saying I am glad that when we got Jet, there was only about 40 ish cats there and no real young ones, otherwise we would still be there trying to decide and the OH being rather animated with this one young cat that had taken to following his fingers on the outside of the glass, we eventually had to leave as to get to the airport.

The view was still "No, we got one and we said just one".

Well things have slightly changed today to "We'll see, i suppose it would be more expensive for cattery fees when we are away", He was a bit suprised when I said that many catteries only charge a bit extra for the second cat, only really be extra insurance.

Am thinking let Jet settle in for a bit longer and used to being "the man around the house" and then take a wander down there with the remaining lot of towels and blankets .......................

Fingers crossed the bug is catching :D

2. GingerHound

GingerHound PetForums Member

Don't mess about, get down there NOW and get that new cat! :)

3. Gratch

Gratch PetForums VIP

Good luck! I got OH with "I'm glad we're keeping all the kittens" and he would go "No we're not!" and I would say "We'll see what happens" to end the conversation and repeated several times a day. Eventually his "no" turned to a grunt and then "Fine, just shut up." Just keep asking :D

4. welshjet

welshjet PetForums VIP

am playing it slowly, just before we left there was a beautiful silver cat in an isolation pen, but didnt have chance to ask anything, - have emailed them tho!!

5. colliemerles

colliemerles PetForums VIP

i am sooooo glad im not the only sneaky one when it comes to things like that lol.:D,:D,:D

6. MissyMV6

MissyMV6 PetForums Senior

You have done well from a "no" to a "we'll see" in such a short time is good going lol...Thats a yes in my eyes anyway:D

Angie x

7. lizward

lizward PetForums VIP

My husband is still convinced that I agreed to have only 6 cats. Actually I agreed to 12. I've got both, added together ;)

Liz

8. welshjet

welshjet PetForums VIP

I know the way to get round him, - drop very very subtle hint, just dont nag, just had load of towels off mum for the next run to to drop stuff off!!!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice