Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Female Malamute found in Wigan!

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Malmum, Jan 5, 2012.

1. Malmum

Malmum PetForums VIP

Cross posted from the Malamute forum.

Female Alaskan Malamute approx 3-5 years age, grey and white, no microchip. Has been to the vet and is in healthy slightly o/weight condition.

Is currently been cared for by the man who found her however he hasn't the facilities to keep this girl over night so she is being referred to Leigh dogs home this afternoon.

Possibly being passed onto to Mal rescue later today.

Hope this girls owner is found soon. :(

2. Argent

Argent PetForums VIP

Ooh don't tell SpoiledRat - she's been on the lookout for a girlie to join her pack... :p Hope the lil girl is safe and sound and in a new home soon xxx

3. HuskyNico

HuskyNico PetForums Newbie

Hi,
    I'm the one who found the her. My name's Pauline, if I'm right, you're the lady who spoke to my boyfriend about her.
    We've asked to be informed whether she has been reunited with her owner or not, and Mal Rescue has been in touch. I do hope her owner does find her, there is nothing worse than losing your dog. It was windy that evening, so could have easily got out from broken fence ect.
    Thinking of the girl loads, just happy I had found her and she got on fantastic with our dog, so that would have taken the stress away from her a touch.
    Fingers crossed :001_unsure:

4. Malmum

Malmum PetForums VIP

Hi Pauline - no it wasn't me who spoke to your bf, I just cross posted it from another forum. ;)

Well done on taking this girl in and I'm sure someone will claim her, will post if I know anything. So glad you picked her up though, you're a star! :thumbsup:

Have to admit I am checking my fence and side gate before letting any of the dogs out at the mo - terrified of them getting out!

#4 Malmum, Jan 7, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2012
  5. HuskyNico

Hello again :)

Well thanks for putting your post up.
    I just googled yesterday to see if anyone might have posted somewhere that they had lost her, with no luck. But had found another "found" post which the description sounded like her, but it was said she was found in a field, which I hadn't, just hope that's not another one. Just sounds too much like her.
    We've tried to get in touch with ppl we know, who we've bumped into dog walking, but again no luck so far.
    All we can do is hope :thumbsup:

6. binaryferret

binaryferret PetForums Junior

I live in Wigan, I'll post it on my fb so just incase a friend of a friend has heard that someone is missing one.

7. HuskyNico

Hi Binaryferret,

I found her 12:30 Thursday morning, crossing the road outside the Bowling Green, Wigan Lane, Swinley, as I was coming out the pub. Don't know whether she is from the Swinley area or has crossed through the woods from Whelley-ish area.
    She's small malamute, gonna try n get a pic of her on here if I can, looked young adult, red collar.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice