Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Female Husky Obsessive Over Baby

Discussion in 'Dog Training and Behaviour' started by Zdot, Nov 23, 2018.

1. Zdot

Zdot PetForums Newbie

Good Evening everyone.

I Own 3 Huskies, 1 Castrated male, and 2 non sterilised Bitches, one of which is a puppy. My Mother Recently gave birth (Around a month ago) and the Older Female is behaving differently than usual. of course its normal for dogs to be curious and they sniff and look at her, but My Older female has been always around the cot,around the baby when its fed, and will bark at the other 2 dogs when they get close. she also has been Urinating in the house (She has been fully potty trained and hasnt done it before) usually under the parked pram. how do i get her to stop? Thank you!

2. Jamesgoeswalkies

Jamesgoeswalkies PetForums VIP

I would look to prevent the behaviour continuing in case it becomes an established habit. To do this I would not have any of the dogs around the baby when it is being fed and I would ensure that they respect the babies personal space.

The older female is most probably confused and feeling a little anxious (which is suggested by the fact that she has started urinating in the house) at the arrival of the baby and the new scents and sounds so I would discourage her from spending too much time around the child and instead look to get her back to her usual routine ensuring that she gets lots of exercise and stimulation. In time things should settle but I certainly wouldn't allow her to start to own the baby (resource guard the baby from the other dogs) - this can only be a recipe for disaster.

J

Lurcherlad and kimthecat like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice