Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Female dog air humping..

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Keppel, Aug 30, 2013.

1. Keppel

Keppel PetForums Member

Hi there,
    As some of you may know I have a dog called Bella who is about 11 months old, I think....

When I first got her she only did this maybe once a week at the most but she has started to 'air hump' me daily. When I say air hump I mean she just stands by me and thrusts, she doesn't cling on :laugh:.

It normally happens if I stand up out of a chair or change my clothes and come back into the room or get the lead out for walks, or leave the room for a while then come back in.

It's only ever me she does it to, there are 5 people living in this house and she picked me. Whilst I am a little flattered it does make me feel a bit uncomfortable :confused: I don't really know why.

Any ideas on how to stop this behaviour? normally I will ignore her or tell her ''LEAVE'' but it's as if she's in a trance, so I just end up walking away. I have only ever owned bitches and none of them have ever 'humped'.

2. rocco33

rocco33 PetForums VIP

The thing to remember is that 'humping' is, more often than not, a result of excitement and it sounds like this is the case with your girl, especially if it happens when you get ready for a walk or come into a room.

3. Doguiesrus

Doguiesrus PetForums Senior

My 8 month old puppy was trying to the same, even trying it with her sister and other dogs but she's just had a season and it has stopped so I'm assuming its an hormone/ teenage thing! Some system it's a sign of a dog trying to dominate you. Don't know what the truth Is in this but certainly is try avoid It! Good luck! X

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice