Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Fellow scots...help?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by ballybee, Apr 18, 2011.

1. ballybee

ballybee PetForums VIP

Right, the election is coming up and I can't find anywhere with all the parties involved and the basics of their policies :( I'm 19 and a student so obviously the student debate is my biggest focus which pushes me towards snp but if anyone could give me a basic overview of the parties and the basic points of why they think they should be let loose on us :) thanks xx

2. Nithnell

Nithnell PetForums Senior

Some of the more well known ones would be:

The SNP
    Scottish Labour
    The Conservatives
    The Liberal Democrats

they would be, i would say the biggest ones, then you have the likes of the Greens as well.

Each party will no doubt have its own website for you to refer to and you should start getting flyers through the letterbox from the various parties telling you about themselves and why you should vote for them. I'll see if i can find a list of manifestos or if needs be compile one for you.

Edit- see if thats any use
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_political_parties_in_Scotland

#2 Nithnell, Apr 18, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2011
  3. ballybee

ballybee PetForums VIP

Thanks, I'll have a look at this, I've only had 1 leaflet from Tories and tbh it wasn't a brilliant overview of the policy, plus on the wee map they slept my towns name wrong :( my dad wasn't impressed and phoned them to complain.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice