Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Felix Fish selection in Jelly pouches: Recipe changed

Discussion in 'Cat Health and Nutrition' started by Florovina, Dec 4, 2020.

1. Florovina

Florovina PetForums Newbie

Hi I am so upset as felix refuse to admit they have changed the recipe and it is all my cat will eat. It now smells disgusting, is grey in appearance and watery, he won't touch it and won't eat anything else. This morning I stood over him (Pickles) and coaxed him while he took about 3 reluctant mouthfulls and then projectile vomited!

2. chillminx

chillminx PetForums VIP

Hello and welcome :)

If the food has made your cat vomit, it has either gone bad or your cat is unwell. A cat would not vomit otherwise.

Does your cat have any symptoms of being ill apart from the vomiting? Is she peeing and pooing normally? Is she active, playful and responsive to you?

Maybe you just have a bad batch of the food? Did you buy it from your usual store? Have you tried buying it from another store?

Felix is made in different countries and the ingredients vary slightly in each country.

Is it Felix AGAIL you have? I have not heard the recipe has changed. One of my cats eats the AGAIL fish in jelly sometimes (she is very particular what cat food she will eat) she has not complained about it, and it looks and smells the same as usual to me.

Your cat has to eat something or she will become ill from dehydration. Will she eat home cooked meats or poached white fish? Or tinned tuna or sardines in spring water? Or dry food?

If the Felix doesn't look right and it smells disgusting as you say, then it sounds like it has gone bad. I would return it to the shop and ask for a refund.

#2 chillminx, Dec 4, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2020
    buffie likes this.
  3. Arny

Arny PetForums VIP

It definitely sounds like at least this particular one had gone off.

chillminx and buffie like this.
  4. Saye

Saye PetForums Newbie

I can confirm they have not changed the recipe per say. What they have done is, change factory location. This is causing the newly produced boxes to be different, they do appear greyish in colour and smell bland and all the same.

The recipe is the same, but ingredients are obviously different suppliers etc. I know this as i called Purina directly. I purchased 6boxes, all different flavours and all were terrible. Purina, confirmed the reason for change in production was COVID-19

My baby girl was starving rather than eat it.
    One day i got so angry as such a waste of money and cat foods thats when i called them. They sent me £20 worth of vouchers to use anywhere where purina is sold. I was advised to change her over to As Good As it Looks range. As there will be no change in production for this range.

Good luck with it all, and dont always listen to people on here. Sometimes they are so wrong.

5. MilleD

MilleD PetForums VIP

Do you see the irony in that sentence?

chillminx likes this.
  6. SbanR

SbanR PetForums VIP

:D

MilleD likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice