Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Feliway diffuser

Discussion in 'Cat Training and Behaviour' started by littlelilly, Feb 10, 2014.

1. littlelilly

littlelilly PetForums Newbie

I've been reading peoples reviews about the diffuser, some say it's a good buy and does what it says and others say it stinks and they've thrown it away.

has anyone here used one and how did you find it worked?

2. megsie84

megsie84 Guest

I have a pet remedy difuser which is the same as feliway but cheaper and I find. Works a treat ! My anxious cat now doesn't try to bite me if I go to stroke her near her belly, doesn't hide when my mum comes round, and sleeps and sits close to me on the sofa and it's only been in a week . My diduser smells lovely, doesn't stink and isn't over powering either and I have it on 24hrs a day The best deals for feliway are at medic animal. Why don't you post your question in cat chat as more people will see it and I know there are a few feliway users who belong to this forum :)

3. buffie

buffie Mentored by Meeko

You will get different views on this,personally I found it to be a great help with my Raggie as a kitten,it was recommended by forum members and a behaviourist.
    There is another diffuser which may be the one that you are thinking of when you mention a "smell"........Pet Remedy De-Stress Diffuser With 40ml Refill - Animed Direct it does stink ;) but I have never noticed the Feliway to have a smell

4. littlelilly

Thank you for that, could you tell me the name of it and where I can get one?:)

5. buffie

buffie Mentored by Meeko

See post above

6. megsie84

megsie84 Guest

Animed direct have the best deals for pet remedy difusers they charge £10 for them and £10 for two refils .

7. Ceiling Kitty

Ceiling Kitty Hides away from much through humour...

Feliway should not have any smell whatsoever. :confused:

8. Lilylass

Lilylass PetForums VIP

You're right - but the Pet Remedy does :)

9. buffie

buffie Mentored by Meeko

Doesn't it just ,it is horrible :arf:

10. mhairi13

mhairi13 PetForums Newbie

I've just got my first Feliway difusser. It has now been plugged in for 24 hours and I can honestly say there is no noticeable smell at all. I suffer from migraines and am sensitive to certain perfume smells, so I was actually worried sick, but desperate to help stop a re-homed cat from biting.

Time will tell if that works, but I can say that I haven't noticed any smell at all in the house since switching it on.

Good luck

11. littlelilly

I hedged my bets and got one of each, what a difference it has made on all but one of the cats, she still spits and growls if any of the others go near her!
    It doesn't smell either, I plugged one in outside my bedroom and one downstairs, after a couple of days the difference was noticeable I'm now a convert, wish they would bring the price down though!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice