Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Feline Hyperestesia ‘twitchy cat syndrome’

Discussion in 'Cat Health and Nutrition' started by luckyme, Aug 12, 2018.

1. luckyme

luckyme PetForums Junior

anyone have any experience of this?

My partner thinks it’s just ‘normal’ cat behaviour but one of my male cats is often twitching, particularly his ears and along his spine, he also has very mad moments running around the house staring up at the walls and ceilings crying out. He cries out every evening for no reason.

I have mentioned to the vet on previous visits about the crying but the vet suggested it’s where he’s an indoor cat and probably wants to go outside.

He does seem to show signs of stress and I have another male cat in the house (both are neutered) they tolerate each other but are not best of friends and I wonder if this may be causing him to feel stressed.

Just wondered if anyone else has heard of the above condition before I take him to vets and they suggest it’s jist normal behaviour like my partner has done! I should mention my other car does not run around the house and cry neither does he suffer from these twitches.

2. kittih

kittih PetForums VIP

3. luckyme

luckyme PetForums Junior

Thank you for your response Kittih, I am going to take a look at both links you have provided.

I definitely feel it stress with mike but could also be the allergies you mention above.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice