Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Feline Fayre

Discussion in 'Cat Health and Nutrition' started by erin, May 8, 2010.

1. erin

erin PetForums Junior

Does anybody else feed this?

Im trying Jerry out on some foods that will hopefully make the transition to a full wet diet a little easier. I saw this whilst shopping in Asda earlier, so I got couple of the Tuna,white meat and prawn tins and he loves it, the bowls licked clean.
    Ive never heard of it before and am wondering why its so cheap as the ingrediants actually look quite good with a high meat/fish content.

I hope its not to good to be true and there are no hidden nasties in it as he seems to prefer it a whole lot more to hilife!!

Ive tried him with some watered down cat milk to, he turned his nose up at it, so I put some down with out water and he lapped it all up lol, fussy cat!!

2. billyboysmammy

billyboysmammy PetForums VIP

I'm a big fan of feline feyre! Good quality foods at good prices, and easy to get hold of!

One thing you do need to keep in mind is that not all their foods are complete.

All the foods in black are complete.
    All blue pouches and tins are complimentory, so should only be used a few times a week as a treat.

Hope that helps xxxx

3. mckitty

mckitty PetForums VIP

i actually buy this instead of hi life now, bracken loves the tuna and salmon pouches

4. DKDREAM

DKDREAM PetForums VIP

where is this available

5. sequeena

sequeena PetForums VIP

Cotton has a pouch in the morning and applaws dry throughout the day :) For anyone who does feed it the boxes of 8 are £1 in Morrisons (not on offer it's the normal price). Cotton has about 60 :lol:

6. Vampyria

Vampyria PetForums VIP

Just fed Locke some Feline Fayre for the first time last night; the Tuna White Meat and Prawn pouches. Locke hasn't been very well since Friday afternoon so he's off his food. I originally got Feline Fayre as a nice change from HiLife (and for him to try a new brand) - but thought that I'd try and entice him to eat with it. Well, he ate half of the pouch with no problem which was good progress!

Its hard to tell how much he likes it because he's poorly, but I can imagine he'll wolf it down once he's better! I myself am very impressed with the quality - the majority of the food is tuna flakes and there is pieces of prawn here and there as well. Looks good enough for people to eat! :D

#6 Vampyria, May 9, 2010
    Last edited: May 9, 2010
  7. lymorelynn

lymorelynn UN Peacekeeper in training
    Staff Member

I've just discovered Feline Fayre in Asda and Mai Tai thinks it's great. She's not that keen on the fishy pouches but loves the meat in little tins. Excellent value:thumbup:

8. sequeena

sequeena PetForums VIP

Aw bless him!! It really is nice looking stuff isn't it? :D

9. Vampyria

Vampyria PetForums VIP

Very! I thought the fish ones would smell quite strong but they're really not that bad at all :D

10. sequeena

sequeena PetForums VIP

The tuna one gets me a bit strange considering I love tuna :eek: but Cotton wolfs it down so I don't mind :thumbup:

11. erin

erin PetForums Junior

Jerry and Caspurr are absolutely loving it, they are still licking the bowls clean after 5 days of feeding it, this can only be a good sign.

12. Kaitlyn

Kaitlyn PetForums Senior

Tiggr must be weird! I bought 4 pouches as a bit of a treat when we got Harley back and so far she's turned her nose up at 2 of them straight off, she don't seem to like the Tuna or Pilchard. Got Salmon and Seafood yet but im doubting she'll eat them either lol.

13. sequeena

sequeena PetForums VIP

Oh no!! :( Try the Salmon and Tuna that smells the nicest out of the lot I think.

Perhaps she's not a fishy fan? :eek:

14. hobbs2004

hobbs2004 PetForums VIP

Don't forget though that the blue sachets are complimentary food; only the black sachets are complete. ;)

15. Kaitlyn

Kaitlyn PetForums Senior

Thanks Sequeena i'll give that one a go tonight.. she'll eat fish flavoured dry no probs.

Trust her to prefer junk food instead of good stuff... fussy lady.

16. Kiona

Kiona PetForums Member

We tried the chicken and ham (black) pouch tonight and I have to say, I was drooling at it, nevermind them!

17. NEW2CATS

NEW2CATS PetForums VIP

Try the different coloured pouches or tins. Mine wont touch the blue or black pouches but really like the black tins

18. alisondalziel

alisondalziel PetForums VIP

I've just started buying feline fayre.

My youngest got a touch of the runs but she is improving.

All 3 love the black tins and im soooo impressed by the price, amazing!!

19. Kaitlyn

Kaitlyn PetForums Senior

I've bought one more black pouch for her to try.. chicken and ham. She really doesn't like her fish anymore turned her nose up at fresh tuna, salmon and cod :O

Saw the 3 pack of black tins in B and M's the other day for a stupid price!! If she gets on with the pouch i'll try the tins. She's hardly eating at the moment with the heat, only munching on her dry very occasionally.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice