Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Feels so weird...

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by SpringerHusky, Jun 28, 2009.

1. SpringerHusky

SpringerHusky PetForums VIP

Barney just left to go stay with a friend for 2-3 weeks as Maya has come into season (she was booked to be spayed 2nd july). His face looked so heratbroken and it's only been 5 minutes and it feels weird he's not here.

Bear will be goin later this wek somewhere else and then it'll be down to just me and maya....i'll feel lost with only one dog :(

BUT I just don't wish to have that risk of puppies so things have to be done to ensure this :sad:

ah well i'll just have to learn to cope :p

2. rona

rona Guest

I don't think I could put myself in the position to be without one of my dogs, bet it's going to seem like a very long time

3. PoisonGirl

PoisonGirl Banned

Awwh it will feel so quiet without them!
    But good on you for being responsible, no more puppies! Lol

How often will you see Bear and Barney?

x

4. SpringerHusky

I went away in xmas for 2 weeks without them, it's like torture I swear :eek:

Yeah it will be :( and thanks :D

Barney every so often and bear don't know

5. PoisonGirl

PoisonGirl Banned

Send them to meeeee!! :D:D:D

xx

6. SpringerHusky

Lawl I would but you're just a "small" way away from me :001_tt2:

7. PoisonGirl

PoisonGirl Banned

Awwh just put them in a box and send it 1st class :D Dixie and Barney could play with tennis balls all day!
    I'm sure Dave and bear would get on great too.

x

8. peppapug

peppapug PetForums Senior

poor you.

My girl had a litter in January and still hasnt come back into season. The vet wouldnt spey her until she had had a season and i have her son who is now 5.5 months old.

He is going to have to be farmed out when his mum finally comes into season.

It really will be like losing my right arm and he has never been apart from me since birth :(

i feel your pain :(

9. PoisonGirl

PoisonGirl Banned

I'm glad I've had Dixie spayed :D I can't imagine having to keep them seperate all the time.

x

10. Matrix/Logan

Matrix/Logan PetForums VIP

If you don't mind me asking why are your boys not castrated? Do they get on ok? I have two males Matrix is 2and a half and castrated and Logan is 17 weeks, i was thinking of not having him castrated unless there was a medical need but was worried that the two might fight?

Have you had any problems with your two in this way?

I don't know why but i have always had mu male dogs castrated as i thought it was better for them but keep gettin mixed advise now?

11. PoisonGirl

PoisonGirl Banned

Bear can't be that much older than Dave? Dave is nearly 6 months. I have not really had male dogs before, and my first 2 males were rescues so they were done. I had 2 young males who were not done but were both done after they were rehomed.

I will be getting Dave done when he gets a bit older a)because my dad's lab is not spayed, and we visit alot. and b) because franky I do not like the sight of a dogs balls! Lol

x

12. SpringerHusky

I myself have not had good experince with two males in the house and one was nueterd and it was the nueterd one that attacked my unnueterd one.

I don't have any problems but bear is barney's son and is due to be nueterd to avoid any domiance but barney I don't want to nueter and likely won't, he's fine as he is.

If bear was not barney's son I would not have another male dog in my house, I have issues trusting two males in the same house myself.

13. SpringerHusky

Bear's 7 months old now, so yeah not far off.

I hardly see barney's excet when he's wet and it's like ew gross :D

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice