Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Feeling very teary but happy at the same time

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by xkimxo, Jan 29, 2012.

1. xkimxo

xkimxo PetForums Senior

My 2 foster dogs are going to their new home tomorrow after being with me for almost 3 months. I've just sorted out their bag of bits and it's really got to me :crying:. I know it's silly and the whole point of fostering is helping them on their way to a home but I hadn't expected to feel so sad. The lady they are going too is fantastic though and I know they are going to have a great spoiled life like they deserve :)

Fleur likes this.
  2. Kinjilabs

Kinjilabs PetForums VIP

Awww can imagine how you feel, you must be proud tho:D:D

3. Fleur

Fleur Vassal to Lilly and Ludo

It really must be a bitter sweet day when a foster goes to their new home.

I think fosteres are amazing people - helping dogs adjust to a 'home' enviroment, finding out all about their little quirks to best match them to the right home - and to think you've helped 2 gorgoeus woofers find their forever home this time :)

4. catlover0581

catlover0581 PetForums VIP

of course you're teary - it's only natural :)

the fact that you are shows how much you care and have put into the dogs - and their new owner will be so grateful for the love and care you gave them, because that's what helped mould them into the lovely dogs the new owner is getting :)

be proud of yourself - you've done a great thing! :) xxx

5. xkimxo

xkimxo PetForums Senior

I definatly feel proud, they are so different to when they first arrived. I don't think they had ever been told no before so did as they pleased and hadnt even been toilet trained at 6 and a half months. They are clever though and picked it up within days. I do have some great memories (espcially christmas day) and I have lots of pics I can look back at :)

6. catlover0581

catlover0581 PetForums VIP

that's the spirit!! :) x

7. vickieb

vickieb PetForums VIP

Oh bless your heart :( I fostered a dog last year for 3 months. He went to a great family and I cried like a loon when the door closed. In fact tearing up now :eek:

Just remember you have saved lives and it's a fantastic thing you have done :)

It takes a strong, kind and caring person to foster. Well done you :) hope you don't get too upset xx

8. moonviolet

moonviolet PetForums VIP

It must be so hard to see them go, but such a wonderful thing to do. (((hugs)))

9. xkimxo

xkimxo PetForums Senior

Thank you for all the kind words. I will cry my eyes out when they've gone I know it! I'm going to have a lazy afternoon with my dogs I think, just me, them and the tv :)

10. vickieb

vickieb PetForums VIP

You do that, and you always have your memories :)

11. martmart

martmart PetForums Member

No need to feel silly. I know I'd be exactly the same! Im sure most people here would! Its not easy to part with someone you grow fond of, whether it be human or animal and gawd, I know the feeling well...they say "parting is such sweet sorrow"...but theres nothing sweet about it, it can be really painful. Luckily, time heals that pain. Best of luck to you and your dogs...hope they enjoy their new home :)

12. xkimxo

xkimxo PetForums Senior

The new owners are on their way, my stomach is full of knots but im also smiling at them playing with my dogs :)

13. vickieb

vickieb PetForums VIP

Awwwww hope you do ok :) sending you some strong will through the computer ;)

Let us know how it goes xx

14. xkimxo

xkimxo PetForums Senior

They have gone now :), im feeling loads better, seeing the new owners so happy and excited made me think of the day i got my dogs. I know they have a great home and a great life ahead :D x

15. Fleur

Fleur Vassal to Lilly and Ludo

Glad the handover went well and the moment was more sweet than bitter :D

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice