Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Feeling very stressed

Discussion in 'Rodents' started by xkimxo, Jan 4, 2012.

1. xkimxo

xkimxo PetForums Senior

Im not having the best of times at the moment :(. Long story short, on sunday i took in a puppy from a freesite that the owner gave away as he needed expensive surgery. I knew that by taking him in it was going to totally turn everything upsidedown which it has. Went to the vet yesterday and he will need around £1000 of surgery most likely by the end of this week, the full story is here http://www.petforums.co.uk/dog-chat/212433-update-teddy-pup.html. Obviously him needing has and will for a while take up alot of time. Im not going to be taking anymore little ones in for a bit and my rescue plans are on hold even longer (i was waiting to get xmas and new year out the way).

Theres not much point to this thread really but i thought id let everyone know whats going on anyway. Ive written up a new schedule so that no animal here will be left out and they will continue to be well cared for. My OHs mum has been fantastic and has offered to watch the dogs when its full clean out day here so i can have a day with everyone without having to stop.

Theres also been some other horrible news :(. Last week i took in a hamster that was an unwanted xmas gift. At 3am today when i was checking on Teddy i had a look in on the hams and she was at her food bowl and her pink eye had swelled up, she was eating and walking around so decieded to wait till this morning before calling the vet. I got up at 7 and she had deteriorated badly, i tried syringing her sugar water but she wouldnt take it and slowly walked around before laying down. I rang vet who fitted me in at 11.20. I held her for an hour thinking she may pass on my lap but didnt so i took her in and the vet took her to be pts.

As i have been writing this Teddy vomited in his sleep so will now be taken for surgery today or tommorrow, i am waiting on a callback from the vet :(

#1 xkimxo, Jan 4, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2012
  2. B3rnie

B3rnie Guest

Sending hugs your way hun -hugs-

3. xkimxo

xkimxo PetForums Senior

Thank you, they are much needed x

4. B3rnie

B3rnie Guest

I know it is a bit of a drive but you are welcome over for a chat and to get away from things if needed anytime you want -hugs- xxx

5. xkimxo

xkimxo PetForums Senior

Thats very kind of you, thank you x I may just take you up on that offer if i ever get some spare time, i wish i lived closer xx. Teddy the pup is now going in for surgery tommorrow at 9.50am :(

6. Argent

Argent PetForums VIP

Poor pup, and poor you! *hugs* It's always the way, when it rains, it pours and it seems like everyone gets ill at once :( You've done an amazing thing taking on poor little Teddy, hang in there, all this will pass xxx

7. B3rnie

B3rnie Guest

It would be easier if you were closer, although I think my OH would panic if that ever happened, he has linked you to new fluffs turning up :lol:
    My door is always open, and you know where I live if the OH is home it might keep yours from being bored, they can talk guns and music :thumbup1:

Good luck for tomorrow Teddy xxx

8. xkimxo

xkimxo PetForums Senior

Oh no will he even let me in :eek: Thank you though and my OH is always up for talking guns and music :)

I trust my vet 100% so i know Teddy will be in good hands with her xxx

My explorer turned up today too but im just not feeling excited about it right now, hopefully though after tommorrow has gone well i will be feeling better. My large zooplus order also came today and my 20kg order of rat food so i cant even get upstairs until the OH gets in to move it all for me lol.

9. Lil Miss

Lil Miss PetForums VIP

chin up hun -hugs-
    i know how your feeling, in august i found an emaciated stray cat in my garden with his collar stuck under his arm and a horrid nasty rancid infected wound, he needed surgery, and cost me about £600 in vet bills.
    at the same time everything seemed to go wrong with the small furries too

it was worth all the heart ache, stress, and months of scraping by, and every night that i fall asleep and wake up with ginger sleeping on me purring away is a reminder to just how worth it it was

the things we put ourselves through for the sake of them though, all i can say hun, is things WILL get better just try to keep your chin up hun

sending loads of good luck vibes for teddy x

10. niki87

niki87 PetForums VIP

Oh no am so sorry hun!! Am sorry about your hamster... RIP little one.

Well done you for taking on Teddy!! You are such an angel. Hopefully your luck will change!!! Here's to hoping Teddy will make a quick recovery.

Sending hugs and am here if you wanna chat!

11. xkimxo

xkimxo PetForums Senior

Thank you x What a lucky lucky cat that he ended up in your garden :). I will never ever understand how people treat animals so badly :mad:. Teddy is currently causing me a years worth of stress but i know he will get better and ill look forward to seeing him running and playing like a pup should :).

Thank you x I know people understand on here which is why i feel i can talk about it. My mother keeps telling me im stupid and i cant go around taking in everything i see blah blah. If people dont do anything what the hell does she expect to happen. At the end of the day its my life and my money and i can do what i want with it (sorry she just makes me so angry sometimes).

When i find my camera i will post a pic of hammy, i didnt have her long but she was such a sweet little thing. I hope shes at peace now x

12. Lil Miss

Lil Miss PetForums VIP

ginger wasnt deliberatly neglected, he had just gotton lost, his old owners even sent me a cheque for £100 towards the cost of his op and would have taken him back and paid full costs, but he wasnt happy there, and it was obvious he had settled here, this was all found out after i took him in and paid all his vet bills though

just imagine what it will be like when hes all better, that will help keep you going and remind you that it will be worth it all in the end

13. purple_x

purple_x PetForums VIP

I'm so sorry to hear things are not so great right now hun *hugs* to you.
    If there is anything I can do to help out then please just let me know.

Poor little Teddy :( At least you have him and he will be getting the proper care he needs so he can get better.

14. peter0

peter0 PetForums VIP

Hi Kim, what your doing is amazing and i hope everything goes smooth with the puppy and he makes a fast recovery. It will get better when my cat Tickles became ill his vet bills ran up to over £2000, they didnt think he'd survive but he has and was worth every penny, I hope the rest of 2012 brings you good luck:eek:

RIP little hamster!

15. LostGirl

LostGirl PetForums VIP

Awww massive hugs

I think non animal people don't understand at all, that's the nice thing about here you can rant and cry away with support xx

16. simplysardonic

simplysardonic Moderator
    Staff Member

Massive hugs & good luck vibes for Teddy & you, so sorry to hear about the poor little hammy:(

17. zany_toon

zany_toon PetForums VIP

Sorry about your hammy hun :( But well done on taking on the lovely Teddy, he is very, very lucky that you found his advert :) It'll all be worth it in the end. I'm not sure if this is of any help, but if you have housing benefits or concil tax benefit, you might be able to claim Pet Aid - they will help with the cost of surgery, not by much but it all helps. One of the vet nurses was talking about it to another customer so it might be worth googling it. I think it's through the PDSA. Give Teddy a hug from all of us and wish him luck for his operation :)

18. xkimxo

xkimxo PetForums Senior

Thank you all for your hugs and the luck :). Im really nervous for tommorrow now, everytime i look at him i want to cry. My OH went out and bought a baby moniter as im paranoid he will be sick in his sleep again and choke :(. I keep telling myself positive thinking.

Thank you and thankfully we have savings for our loft conversion, i thought there might be a problem getting them out quickly but my OH went to the bank today and was able to withdraw some so i dont have to worry now which is one thing off my mind :)

19. xkimxo

xkimxo PetForums Senior

Teddys op went very well so i couldnt be happier :D Ive added a proper update here http://www.petforums.co.uk/dog-chat/212433-update-teddy-pup.html

My OHs mum is coming over tomorrow so i can clean and spend time with the small furries as today they have been ignored a bit :( I am sending the OH up to the rat room in a bit though with boiled eggs for them as Teddy cries if i leave. I hope he dosnt bugger it up and i hope Amber (a rat) dosnt bite him as she can be a bit of a moo.

20. peter0

peter0 PetForums VIP

Glad it all went well and hes doing good. Hope he has a speedy recovery:D

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice