UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im feeling a bit useless when it comes to my puppy at the moment. Lucy is ten months old next week and at the moment she won't do anything i tell her.

She normally does what other half tells her todo - 9 times out of 10 anyway - but pretty much ignores me.

My other half says its cos i stress over it and get frustrated which she can sense which i am sure is partly true but i try and speak to her calmly and firmly....still nothing!

Just feeling a bit rubbish about it all. I love her so much but it does frustrate me.

·
Registered
8,888 Posts
Sounds like you have a teenager now, not so much a puppy. :D Kes is 9.5 months and in the past few weeks stopped listening completely, it's very frustrating but also gives you a kick up the bum on a the training front. Just keep on keeping on :)

·
Registered
8,888 Posts
Also try looking for some affordable training classes in your area, me and my OH were equal on who she would listen to until I started taking her to classes and now she listens to me much better so this could help you bond more. :)

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Id love to take her to training classes but the only local ones i can find are at awkward times.

I will keep looking.

I just feel frustrated with it! Glad i don't have kids aswell lol

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
Definitely sounds like your little one is now a teenager :D Dibley is very much a teenager now and I can see in his face sometimes that he is thinking 'should I sit....erm.....' before he does as he's told :lol: Keep working on it, you'll get there :) As Phoolf said training classes will help if you can find one at a suitable time/day. :)

·
Registered
262 Posts
Bonsai is close to 9 months now and can be a little terror. If I make him start doing something naughty he proceeds to bark At me loudly

It's attention seeking and I ignore him and he stops.

I think it sounds like you need to bond with him though for certain have you tried doing any training at home or teaching him a new trick.

Bonsai loves doing tricks and is very good at "spin" lol

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.