Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Feeling the pressure!!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by lifeizsweet, Apr 17, 2011.

1. lifeizsweet

lifeizsweet PetForums VIP

we went out for dinner last night with OH's nan, dad and uncles and aunties...the conversation soon turned to when we'd be getting married and then talking about when we'd have out first child!

They agreed for us that 2 years was a good timeline and we should get married next year and have a baby the year after that!! :eek:

I had better get planning i suppose!

2. Bwy39

Bwy39 PetForums Junior

How strange.....someone getting married THEN having children......WOW !!!!!! :001_smile:

3. lifeizsweet

Nearly unheard of i think nowadays when i think of all my old school friends with kids.

4. thedogsmother

thedogsmother PetForums VIP

Oooh good on you for doing it "right" hun, in my family Im the only legitimate one :eek:

5. lifeizsweet

:) we've always said we'd want to be married before any kids come along, but if something did happen and i got pregnant it wouldn't be the end of the world. I still feel to young right now to be a mum!

Trying to convince OH that we should get married abroad and have a big reception here. (LOL in England not on PF, but there will be a PF reception too!)

6. bexy1989

bexy1989 PetForums VIP

I keep being asked when me and my OH are getting married, been together 4 years this year but we are still young and theres LOADS i want to do before i get married...

but i am pushing for a wedding abroad in santorini as its where i met him :eek:

7. LostGirl

LostGirl PetForums VIP

Lol all we have had is the when you getting married?? All because my sister is getting married next week to her boyfriend of 1-2yrs and me and oh have been together nearly 10years lol

We are only just thinking of it, we had planned one then got pregnant so stopped it as I didn't want to be my families tradition of walking down the isle pregnant lol so to kids later now aged 5 and 6 we are only just planning it!

8. harley bear

harley bear PetForums VIP

Why cant you do what you want to do when your married?

Fair play to you tho LIS for doing it the right way. Im so glad we were married before we had kids.

9. bexy1989

bexy1989 PetForums VIP

we could but i think once we are married my OH wants to just settle down buy a house etc :) so while we are still living with my parents we have to worry about rent but nothing else really :)

10. harley bear

harley bear PetForums VIP

Ah right best of both worlds then? I would love to only have to worry about rent :rolleyes: Ive been living independent with oh since i was 16 it would have been great to save for a future.

11. bexy1989

bexy1989 PetForums VIP

yea, we are very lucky we pay rent and have to pay for our own food but thats it so we can spend most of our money on what we want :)

12. WelshOneEmma

WelshOneEmma PetForums VIP

we are 6 months away from ours and really feeling the pressure so enjoy the planning free time! However start looking for a dress now, especially bridesmaid dresses - we have only just ordered ours as I couldn't find anything I liked!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice