Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Feeling stressed :(

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by babycham2002, Sep 13, 2013.

1. babycham2002

babycham2002 PetForums VIP

As most of you know I have broken my ankle and am in plaster

Had another foster dog dropped off this morning, two of my other fosters are being mean to it
    and Willow seems to be finding it stressful and acting out , so far she has picked up two beds and a turtle mat as if she is going to wreck them as well as well as wrecking one of Billy the new fosters new toys already

Just feeling very on edge and on the verge of tears, its not like I can even take Willow for a nice long walk to cheer her up and despite lots of kind offers Willow wont let anyone else apart from my mum (and even that took days of persuasion) to walk her.
    Billy won't stop jumping up at the door, wondering when his mum is coming back I guess
    I tried crating him for a while as he is meant to be crate trained but he just cried and barked poor wee lad

Sorry I know this is just a sad desperate rant, there is nothing anyone else can do. But writing it down sometimes helps. Am in the process of making a fostering appeal process as we speak

2. Dogless

Dogless PetForums VIP

Oh no :(. I wish I was closer to at least come and help out. Anyone home to help you soon? xx

3. emmaviolet

emmaviolet PetForums VIP

Oh no, so sorry to hear everything seems to be so stressful.

Sorry about your leg too, I must have missed it.:eek: Poor you.

I think at times when you have really hurt yourself like you have now, it seems to make you feel quite down, add in the dogs too.

Is there another foster home that could take one in?

4. DollyGirl08

DollyGirl08 PetForums VIP

Ah I know how you feel. I broke my ankle 3 years ago now during winter. I hated not being able to walk the dogs, feed the rabbits etc, I couldn't even make myself a cup of tea! So frustrating not being able to do anything, and your hands are full with the crutches so that doesn't help.
    I lent my nans wheelchair to try and go out with the dogs.

Do you have any friends or family that could pop round to give you a hand or take some of the dogs out?

5. Pointermum

Pointermum PetForums VIP

I wish my hubs wasn't so anti dogs as i would of loved to help you out V :(

Is Cass not able to help out this time ?

Sorry your having a rough time at the moment (((hugs)))

6. babycham2002

Mum will come round at 2, she will just moan that there is another foster dog
    Which is fair enough, but there was no where and I do mean no where else we could put him
    I have four fosters now
    Main coordinator has 7!!!
    My most helpful volunteer has 3.
    We have had 6 come in in the last 8 days,
    xxx

Not at the moment, doing an appeal.
    Thank you for your support, I am starting to feel better
    The tears and on edge ness has worn off.

I have borrowed a wheelchair too :D My dad has taken me out and pushed me around in it bless him :) I am in a better cast now. the first one was completely non weight bearing whereas at least this one I can get around a little on the crutchs

People are being really good :) D'ya know what its probably because this is the first day I havent had anyone coming to see me that perhaps its got to me a bit more

Thanks guys, I do feel better. Billie (isnt that the girls way of spelling it?)
    has stopped jumping up at the door like a kangaroo now which is a good sign :)
    He's only 10 months poor wee bairn
    [​IMG]

7. emmaviolet

emmaviolet PetForums VIP

Aw bless you, so good of you to care for them, even when you are not 100% yourself.

He is so sweet.
    Would it maybe be worth doing a thread on dog chat and laying out the criteria needed to become a foster?

8. BlueBeagle

BlueBeagle PetForums VIP

^^ This is a great idea as I have often thought about fostering but don't know what it entails here!

Sorry your laid up at the moment, must be very hard for you with all the dogs there too. How much longer are you in plaster?

9. babycham2002

Thank you :)

I dont know, I dont think so, I think she finds it too hard to give them up which is understandable

Another three and half weeks as long as it heals correctly :)

I will do that thread now :)

10. babycham2002

That's a good idea :) Will do that now

11. emmaviolet

emmaviolet PetForums VIP

I'm the same, I'm sure I could help and would love to, but never know if I would be accepted or what sort of criteria there is.

Also it gets people who clearly love dogs on here thinking whether they could do it and maybe they haven't thought about it.

12. babycham2002

13. BlueBeagle

BlueBeagle PetForums VIP

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice