Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

feeling pups in bitches tums?

Discussion in 'Dog Breeding' started by Tinkabel, Jun 8, 2010.

1. Tinkabel

Tinkabel PetForums Newbie

Hi My Cocker spaniel is six weeks pregnant for the 1st time. We have been told the pups should be able to be felt moving now. We have felt "bubbles" but not sure if this is the puppies. Can anyone shed some light.
    Thanks

2. Insane

Insane PetForums Senior

It is very late in pregnancy that you can normally feel them - be patient you will feel them soon (last couple of weeks).

3. mel

mel PetForums Member

yeah i agree is usually the last 10 days or so u can see/feel them x

4. Tinkabel

Hi and big thanks to Insane and Mel, You've both been very quick and helpful in your replies and have put my mind at rest.

thanks again x

#4 Tinkabel, Jun 8, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2010
  5. Tanya1989

Tanya1989 PetForums VIP

Try to be careful feeling at this stage. Its hard as they are surrounded by fluid and by feeling with a little too much pressure you can cause harm to the pups.

6. Callie

Callie PetForums Senior

Was totally new to all the breeding stuff but around day 52 I could feel wee faint kicks but they got stronger day by day and definitely knew it was them kicking in the late stages......got 8 gorgeous retriver pups now...11days old.:D

7. Tinkabel

Thanks Tanya1989 and Callie for the advice. We have only lightly held our hand on her, we was too scared to press on so all should be well. Congratulation Callie on the birth of your pups, we are both anxious and excited!

8. Oenoke

Oenoke PetForums VIP

I only felt a little movement in the last week of Skye's pregnancy, but then she only had 4 pups, so wasn't very big.

9. Tinkabel

Thanks Oenoke, my dogs not very big either although has clearly put on weight. Well not long now, two weeks tomorrow. Fingers crossed!

10. Lucy1012

Lucy1012 PetForums Senior

I think i saw them move before i felt them at about 7 and a bit weeks. It freaked me out a little when i saw actual paw shapes being pushed out from her tummy lol.

11. kiara

kiara PetForums VIP

My girl is a small breed and is 8 weeks on monday. I started seeing feeling movement a few days ago but i havent seen any movement yet. x

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice