Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Feeling like a mean mummy.

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Bex190, Jun 3, 2010.

1. Bex190

Bex190 PetForums VIP

According to the vet, it looks like someone made a botch job of trying to remove Alfie's dew claws when he was a pup so he only has one that ever grows and that one is twisted and thick.

Alfie was out playing in the garden yesterday and he somehow managed to catch his dodgy claw and pull it clean off:eek:.

It was bleeding quite badly so I got him up to the vets who cleaned and dressed it all the time being amazed at how good Alfie was being. I explained that he never shows pain which may be a survival instinct from when he was a stray.

Earlier today I had to change the dressing because he'd got it wet playing in long grass and I have never felt so sorry for what I was doing.

My poor brave boy was in so much pain he was yelping and trying to hide every time I went near his leg. He was so upset he wouldn't even accept treats.:(

I got it changed eventually but seeing Alfie, who usually hides pain so well, in such anguish really got to me. I hope he heals up soon so we don't have to go through this too many more times.

Here's Alfie showing off his bandage:

[​IMG]

2. flufffluff39

flufffluff39 PetForums VIP

Awww he looks so sad. I bet your spoiling him though :D

3. PurpleCrow

PurpleCrow PetForums VIP

Aww :( Poor guy!

(He has the same blanket my old dog had!)

4. Bex190

Bex190 PetForums VIP

:DHe's getting lots of extra cuddles and he's informed me that gravy bones and markies help make the pain go away so he's been getting plenty of them too!

5. Phoenix&Charlie'sMum

Phoenix&Charlie'sMum PetForums VIP

Aww bless him!

My boys are total woosies! So well done Alfie for being so brave!

I think mummy should let you lye on the sofa while she hand feeds you chicken breast!!

6. Nicky10

Nicky10 PetForums VIP

Poor thing don't worry dogs have the whole I'm so abused face down perfectly. He does deserve cuddles and treats though

7. Jackie99

Jackie99 PetForums VIP

Aw poor boy. He is gorgeous.

xx

8. BenjisMum

BenjisMum PetForums Newbie

Oh bless him - he really does look like he is showing off his bandage and saying "look at my poorly leg"

Big cuddle for Alfie :001_wub:

9. Bex190

Bex190 PetForums VIP

Don't give him any more ideas, he's already milking it for all it's worth!

The hardest thing at the moment is keeping it dry because all he wants to do is play in the paddling pool.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice