Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Feelin' miserable and lost today

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Mese, Apr 11, 2011.

1. Mese

Mese PetForums VIP

We had our Daughter and her Fiance and our gorgeous Grandkids staying with us last week , they went home yesterday back to Scotland , and im missing them dreadfully today

Im used to being on my own 24/7 virtually (OH is ALWAYS working) but I got used to the noise of screaming yelling , giggling kids and having someone around to chat to , play games with , walk the dogs with , share making the meals with ..... today its just been sooooo quiet and its made me realise just how alone I am all the time

Im not as bad as I was , but im still sociophobic enough thats its not easy for me to get out and make friends or go places where I know people will be unless someone is with me , so its not like I can hop on a bus and go to town or even the local shop just to hear someone else talk (the idea fills me with dread actually) so the puter is my lifeline at times like this

Still ... my silver lining is they are coming to stay again in July :D

[​IMG]

2. haeveymolly

haeveymolly PetForums VIP

Bet it was so lovely to have them and you had a great time, well stick around here tonight sure youl be entertainled, dont worry you will soon settle into your usual routine and july will be here in a flash.:)

3. jessiegirl

jessiegirl PetForums Senior

i know how it feels mese. im pretty much alone, but when i go visit my parents its so good to just have some compony for a change.

i hope people out there with lots of friends etc know how lucky they are.

4. K1nS

K1nS PetForums Senior

Im sorry the house must feel so quiet now :( at least you had a good time with them all being over :thumbup:

5. shibby

shibby PetForums VIP

What a lovely family snap! :) My Mum doesn't get to see her grandkids often so she's misses them a lot and I know how it upsets her. Like haeveymolly said, you'll be back in your normal routine soon and it's not long until July...

6. Mese

Mese PetForums VIP

Thanks guys :)

Im never down for long , I wont allow myself to be , so im going to focus on the dogs and their training ... maybe by July I can finally get it through to Toffee that people are allowed to walk on the pavement past our house without him barking at them , lol (I dont hold out much hope ... he's three now and still hasnt got it :rolleyes:)

7. shibby

shibby PetForums VIP

Toffee should keep you busy then :D Enjoy your training...

8. haeveymolly

haeveymolly PetForums VIP

Hes looking after you.:D

9. xxwelshcrazyxx

xxwelshcrazyxx PetForums VIP

What a nice looking family you have, your grandkids look the spit of their mother dont they. I bet you do feel down now but just think we are nearly half way through April then you haven't got much longer to go before they are back with you again. Pity you couldn't of gone back with them for a little holiday and then travel back down again all together and spend some time with them at your home. You can start to plan on what you are going to do with them all when they arrive in July. :D

10. babycham2002

babycham2002 PetForums VIP

I know how you feel, I spend so much time alone these days.
    My anxiety is isolating me more and more.
    But at least July is no time away!! :001_smile:

11. Waterlily

Waterlily Amused

aww hugs mate xxxxxx

12. DaisytheTT

DaisytheTT PetForums Senior

It's horrible when the house is full of laughter and good times and then there's just the quiet :( I understand only too well as I spend most of the time alone. OH is workaholic usually out from 6am until 9.30pm, that's why I've found PF such a godsend.

What a lovely pic of your family :D and just think July isn't too far away.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice