Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Feel really bad for the owner :(

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Miss.PuddyCat, Apr 14, 2011.

1. Miss.PuddyCat

Miss.PuddyCat PetForums VIP

Since moving into the city I didnt think wed have much sight seeing of animals!

But my mom just came home and told me that the lady next door told her that a few nights ago a lady let her little dog outside (fenced in) for a last pee before bed. She went inside and then heard yelping coming from her dog, she went out to find her little dog dead :(

Coyote. The fences arent well stable and you can see under them. Im just shocked something happened like this so close to the city.

We have a big forested park behind our house which I planned on walking Sophie in when she was bigger.

2. dagny0823

dagny0823 PetForums VIP

Oh how terribly sad!:(

From what I understand, though, it's unlikely a coyote would approach and attack a dog if there's a human around. Of course, unlikely and "not happening" are two different things when it's your little dog in question.

3. Jonesey

Jonesey PetForums VIP

On the beach strip at one end of town here coyotes were taking toy sized dogs right off their leashes. I think they had to euthanize a few, but they are protected and there's not a whole lot you can do about them.

I'm not sure where you live Ms. Puddy, I'm in a city outside of Toronto, Ontario and our house backs on to a ravine and a small woods. We've had coyotes here and they've been seen at the park as well. Our neighbour said one tracked his dog and was almost in his back yard.

4. Miss.PuddyCat

Miss.PuddyCat PetForums VIP

I live near you but in a different city :D

I used to live out in the country (and miss it :( ) But I heard stories about coyotes or those wolf cross :confused: I heard a story about a collie on a farm that at night he got drawn out into a pen by some coyotes, they ended up cornering the collie and killed it

Ive heard stories of people walking their dogs to have coyotes run of with them, one lady only lets her dog out on a leash now and not at night.

We have what you could call a ravin behind our house that extends into the the park forest area.

I was working with a coworker today who lives by me and has said in the early morning he has seen coyotes/foxes wondering through the houses.

Gonne be extra careful

5. catz4m8z

catz4m8z PetForums VIP

Poor little dog.:( I have heard some horror stories on a Chihuahua forum about little dogs being take by coyotes or birds of prey. Some places it isnt even safe to let them into yards alone or walk them on a longer leash at all.
    Makes me glad I live i the UK with my bite sized little yappers!;)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice