Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Feel like a old codger today

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by tinktinktinkerbell, Oct 14, 2013.

1. tinktinktinkerbell

Back is killing me! After tea I'm going heat a wheat bag up and use that!

So pain....... Sucks doesn't it

What's the last pain you had?

What's the worst pain you've ever had?

Is there a pain you can cope with or one you just can't cope with?

Last pain for me, my back

Worst pain, when I had a painful tooth on the bottom left, jaw was killing too

2. princeno5

princeno5 PetForums VIP

sorry your in pain,hope it eases.love your new meeces.i always have pain,got arthritis in 1 knee,both hands and left wrist.pain sucks.maybe have a bath it might help your back.

3. PawsOnMe

PawsOnMe PetForums VIP

What's the last pain you had?

In pain now, In every joint, my knees, hips and feet are the worst but everything from my Jaw to my thumb is hurting. My hip keeps dislocating and has popped out of place quite a few times today as has my left kneecap.

What's the worst pain you've ever had?

can't pin point a certain really bad pain. it kind of sucked when my appendix burst but it hurt worst when my cousin ripped out my drain sucking out the burst matter after the operation but I know I've had worse pain than that just can't pin point just one but those are the most memorable.

Is there a pain you can cope with or one you just can't cope with?

I can cope with broken bones and quick sharp pains and pains I'm expecting. but can't stand pain that leaves me feeling sick to my stomach.

hope you feel better soon x

4. Lavenderb

Lavenderb PetForums VIP

Spent the last 2 days in bed with a kidney infection tinks..so can sympathize....worst pain for me was having a steroid injection in my hip..nearly passed out.
    I coped with child birth better lol

5. 3dogs2cats

3dogs2cats PetForums VIP

Hi Tinks, Sorry you struggling with your pain today.

I am suffering a bit today ( I`m a bit drugged up actually so please excuse grammar/spelling worse than usual!)

Pain is a difficult thing to quantify really. I have had broken bones in the past and not really flinched, yet fell over and grazed my hands and cried like a baby :eek:

If I had to chose the worse pain I felt I would go for childbirth, but that is because it went on for so bloody loooooong!

I think toothache is a pain that is really hard to forget about, toothache makes me really miserable.

Hope the wheat thingy works, I like those specially the lavender scented ones.

6. SandyR

SandyR PetForums Senior

Last pain for me was 6 weeks ago when I gave birth to my 3rd child.

Most painful pain was probably ear infection. I can handle child birth as you get a lovely prize at the end.

7. MCWillow

MCWillow PetForums VIP

My back. D persuaded me to go and see his chiropractor. That man is a god :yesnod: I could hardly walk, and in two sessions I was as good as new :thumbup:

He did tell me though, that heat wouldnt help, I needed to use ice on it - I hate being cold so was not happy :nonod:

I would say a tooth abcess. I had it when I was 8 months pregnant so couldnt take painkillers, and my whole face, head and neck were just throbbing. At least when I had Jake, I had an epidural :D

Toothache and earache I find hardest to deal with, nothing seems to help, and it kind of spreads, so its not just the tooth or ear that actually hurt.

8. canuckjill

canuckjill PetForums VIP

kidney pain, worse than natural child birth for me...today, yesterday 3 weeks ago back to docs this week

9. canuckjill

canuckjill PetForums VIP

mental pain I think is the worst for me, when the dogs are in pain or someone close to me....

10. Toby Tyler

Toby Tyler Banned

I get migraines so can relate to pain. Probably the worst pain I've had was a urinary tract infection. Yowser. :(

Last winter whilst splitting wood the axe bounced and hit me in the eye socket. Good gawd that hurt. What's worse I looked absolutely horrendous for about a month and hated going out in public. There was a huge lump the size of a golfball and the blood pooled into my cheek. The stares I got. Once I dropped a 20 pound frozen turkey on my toe. :mad: I think I broke my middle toe but there's nothing they can do for it. Oh, and then there was the time I was chopping onions and sliced the tip of my little finger completely off. Come to think of it that was probably the most painful thing ever.

What can I say, I'm a KLUTZ! :mad::

Those were all in the last few years. Would you like me to go back to childhood? :biggrin:

#10 Toby Tyler, Oct 14, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2013
  11. piggybaker

piggybaker PetForums VIP

Recent pain, my flipping foot, worse pain just before I lost feeling in my lower limbs, pain was out of this world!!

12. babycham2002

babycham2002 PetForums VIP

Last pain getting over my emergency appendix removal 2 weeks ago

Worst pain - before my appendix removal the only way i could describe it is it was like my intestine was trying to give birth to an alien that was on fire

Although I think tooth ache comes a near second

and they found a kidney stone while diagnosing my appendix so I've got that to look forward to too

#12 babycham2002, Oct 14, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2013
  13. Toby Tyler

Toby Tyler Banned

I agree. With acute physical pain your mind takes over and you somehow get through it. Not so much with mental pain.

And to see an animal or otherwise helpless creature in pain is the most excruciating pain imaginable. And it's palpable.

14. Royoyo

Royoyo PetForums VIP

I haven't been in pain recently, I did have a cold at the weekend and my head felt like it was going to explode everytime I stood up.

I'd have to agree with McWillow about the tooth thing. When my wisdom tooth was coming through it caused an abcess in my gum and the pain was horrendous. It drove me mad, I even started rocking backwards and forwards and everything and nothing I took seemed to help!

I'm not very good with pain, it normally makes me cry. I'm a big baby!

15. SpotOn

SpotOn PetForums Senior

Definitely kidney (stone) pain for me. It has hospitalised me twice and made me have an operation!!!!! Followed closely by period pain- I have been known to pass out and/or throw up from pain caused by periods. :frown5:

16. Toby Tyler

Toby Tyler Banned

Oh, yeah I forgot. Sciatica. :mad:

Last spring I had a tooth abscess. :( Yes that was among the worse of the worst. Worse still was the emergency root canal, not the procedure itself but after the anesthesia wore off. :( And on top of that, it was a huge pain in the pocketbook!

17. cinnamontoast

cinnamontoast Sois pas chiant, chéri.

18. babycham2002

babycham2002 PetForums VIP

eek you didnt tell me about the bleed!!! what was that caused by?
    are you okay?

19. Toby Tyler

Toby Tyler Banned

WHAT??? What have I missed? Are you okay??? Is it because of the anticoagulants you were taking before? Good gawd girl that's serious. :(

20. cinnamontoast

cinnamontoast Sois pas chiant, chéri.

Apparently it's a common side effect of anti-coagulant tablets-who knew?! :p I thought I'd pulled a muscle, it was so painful! Mad! I spent a fun night in A&E with the doctor rabbiting on about meningitis and me sh!tting myself! I phoned work about 4am saying I wouldn't be in and that meningitis had been mentioned: the old head teacher died of that in July so everyone was wetting themselves! :eek:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice