Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Feeding Time

Discussion in 'Cat Health and Nutrition' started by Jayne31, Apr 26, 2011.

1. Jayne31

Jayne31 PetForums VIP

Have been reading some other threads about how much people feed their cats and I'm now concerned whether I am feeding my cat enough! :confused:

Last time he was weighed he was roughly 3.8K the vet said this was a good weight.

He has 2 satchets a day (currently Natures Menu, am waiting for the order of RC Sensitivity to arrive) and does have a small bowl of Hi-Life moist biscuits (which he doesn't really touch), if I give him "hard" biscuits he ends up bloating and getting upset tum.

The OH and I both work full time and so Oscar gets fed in the morning and when we get home in the evening.

2. missye87

missye87 PetForums VIP

Hi Jayne,

the best way to check is to look on the box of pouches or on the back of the pouches. There should be feeding guidelins according to weight.
    It does however sound like you are feeding him enough for his weight, providing that he eats all of the two sachets a day.

Ems x

3. Jayne31

Jayne31 PetForums VIP

Hiya

He seems to love this Natures Menu stuff and he is clearing his dish at breakfast and by the time we get up in the morning the evening dish has gone. Fingers crossed he hoovers the RC Sensitivity in the same way :001_smile:

4. missye87

missye87 PetForums VIP

Having just had a look at their website, I would say with the pouches he would need to eat about 3 a day. You might want to put a half pouch out so he can eat that during the day, or give him biscuits that he can eat during the day just to make sure he is getting that little extra. He won't need much of the dry food, a couple of mouthfuls will fill him up good during the day :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice