Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Feeding time when you've more than one dog

Discussion in 'Dog Health and Nutrition' started by lifeizsweet, Jun 19, 2010.

1. lifeizsweet

lifeizsweet PetForums VIP

Do you feed them at the same time together?

I had hoped Toby would encourage bramble to eat more of his dinner than normal today, but Brams still wasn't fussed and so Toby ate his dinner and half of Brambles too.

So do those of you with more than one dog feed them together?
    Do you keep a check to make sure one doesn't eat more than the others?

2. tosca

tosca PetForums Member

I feed both mine together. They sit till told to eat and the lab is finished before the crossbred pup, and wouldn't dream of nicking the pup's food. However, can't say the same if it was the other way round, the lab is easily pushed around, bless her.
    [​IMG]

3. Kelly2774

Kelly2774 PetForums Member

i feed all my 5 at the same time :) Roxy is always finished 1st and Angel is always last hehe but i feed them in the kitchen and i stay there still theyre finished as roxy would have the other's food if she got the chance :laugh:

4. Matrix/Logan

Matrix/Logan PetForums VIP

We feed ours at the same time twice daily but then Blade has 2 other meals aswell.

We feed Blade in the room in or near his crate and the 'big ones' in their room together. Logan eats his within 2 seconds! :eek: Matrix takes longer but they all know not to eat out of each others bowls so Logan just walks into the lounge when he is finished and leaves Matrix to finish his in peace and quiet. :thumbup:

5. tortoiselady

tortoiselady PetForums Member

i feed my separately ,as they would rush it thinking the other might pinch it:)

6. Mese

Mese PetForums VIP

My three all get fed at the same time
    Teddy always finishes first and would nick the others if I didnt stay and watch .. so I always make myself a coffee and stay with them so I can make sure that doesnt happen

7. hawksport

hawksport Banned

I feed one at each end of the kitchen, the first one to finish waits in the middle and when the other has finished they swap and lick each others bowls clean.

8. sequeena

sequeena PetForums VIP

I feed all mine at the same time but Luna and Sky eat in their crates :)

Luna finishes first, Candy second and I'm lucky if Sky eats everything in one go :rolleyes:

9. Cat_Crazy

Cat_Crazy PetForums VIP

I feed my two at the same time and in the same room.

Zeus eats quicker than Zena but I stay with them while they eat and don't let them go to each other's bowls.

If one dosn't finish it all the bowl is taken away but they are not allowed each other leftover's, don't want to encouarage them to fight over food or defend their bowls.

10. Tanya1989

Tanya1989 PetForums VIP

Exactly the same!! :thumbup:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice