Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Feeding Size - Help Needed

Discussion in 'Snakes' started by Madds, Nov 7, 2019.

1. Madds

Madds PetForums Newbie

Hi there!

Hoping someone can help! I have had a baby corn snake, Crowley, for almost two months now. He was absolutely tiny when I got him, but now measures around 30-35cm. He has a teensy head and a rather thin body. I have been feeding him one baby pinkie mouse ever since he was adopted, once a week.
    However, a few days ago, I visited my local reptile store as I needed to pick up a new batch of mice. The guy there was unable to find the baby pinkies - so he said that I should go a size up to a large pinkie mouse which seemed pretty huge in comparison to my snake. I was hesitant, especially when he kept trying to get me to buy fuzzies and shrugging at me as though I was an idiot when I argued that he was still too young to stuff down a fuzzy mouse, being so small.
    Anyway, what I waned to know is whether he should be on the larger pinkies yet, or still on the smaller ones? Crowley actually seemed a little freaked out when I gave him one of the bigger babies. He just kept striking at it and really took a long while to get it down.

To those of you who have owned corns before, can you give me some advice, as I don't want to over/under feed him? Thank you! :)

2. ShibaPup

ShibaPup PetForums VIP

Needs to leave a bump in the mid-section of his body once eaten - don't worry Snakes are very talented at getting something down which may appear too large. If it's too large to eat they'll give up and leave it :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice