Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Feeding schedule - 10 week old Pug

Discussion in 'Dog Health and Nutrition' started by Cuddypuppy, Aug 3, 2009.

1. Cuddypuppy

Cuddypuppy PetForums Member

Nelly pug has just turned 10 weeks old. I am still giving her 4 meals a day made up of Nature Diet mixed with Royal Canin. She seems to not be as hungry at some of her mealtimes, but seems to wait by the fridge assuming she will get something tastier! This has happened since she was given a bit of chicken recently by my OH. Is it too early to give 3 feeds a day? Any opinions welcome.

Sorry "Davehyde" if this question has been asked before :blushing:

2. Nicci

Nicci Guest

I personally wouldn't cut her down to three meals a day yet :)

3. archiebaby

archiebaby PetForums VIP

no, keep her to the four meals a day, pugs are very greedy little dogs and very,very clever!!!;) just keep to her normal routine and she will be fine:)

4. Cuddypuppy

Cuddypuppy PetForums Member

Boy are they smart. Should I worry if she doesn't eat her meal and how long should I leave it down before I remove it? At the moment, I am taking her back to the bowl and pretending to add something else!

5. archiebaby

archiebaby PetForums VIP

i would just leave it down, she most definately will not go hungry!!!:D

6. Blitz

Blitz PetForums VIP

I would take it up after about 15 minutes. I will also go against what others are saying. Yes, you should in theory still be feeding 4 meals a day but some pups find it too frequent and eat less. I changed mine, at about 14 weeks, to 3 meals and found she ended up eating far more in a day. If your pup is eating what it should do then 4 meals are far better but dont be too rigid if it isnt working.

7. Jazzy

Jazzy PetForums VIP

Our pup has been on three meals a day since we got her at 10 weeks. I was going to feed her four but our vet advised me to feed three. She seems to be doing well on three though and she's 16 weeks old now.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice