Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

feeding raw food...

Discussion in 'Dog Health and Nutrition' started by Louby, Aug 11, 2009.

1. Louby

Louby PetForums Junior

sorry if this question has been asked before. I am just trying to understand as i am a wee bit confuddled.

One of the posts on here had a linked article attached that brought into question the nutritional contents of dried/tinned pet food. I have read it and i am thinking of changing my dogs diet to raw food - i just have no clue what is meant by raw food [as ridiculous as that sounds :idea:].

so here goes......

1. Landywoods Pet Foods website - in the price list there isnt any veg mentioned - wouldnt a dog fending for himself have access to some sort of vegetation - therefore there would be a need for some veggies in a dogs diet to make it 'balanced'???

2. If the above is incorrect - does that mean all i have to do is buy a load of this frozen mince, defrost it the whack it into a dogbowl as and when meal times occur?

3. Is this raw meat diet good for puppys? If it isnt good for puppys, why isnt it? - if it is 'natural'.

4. Is there more of a chance of puppies/dogs getting worms on this diet?

Hope i have come across as too stupid :001_tt2:

2. shazalhasa

shazalhasa PetForums VIP

Krisannrio's Raw feeding site - Home

Raw Meaty Bones

Both of these are links to feeding raw. The top one is the most interesting.

These days there seem to be just two ways of feeding dogs
    1. Branded Dog Foods
    2. Raw Feeding

So many people have forgotten that dogs are natural scavengers and can quite happily live out of bins :rolleyes:

I have mine on a combination of foods, dry food, raw food and our leftovers.

Raw food is suitable for dogs of all ages, including puppies.
    Worming should be done whether your dog no matter what diet it is on.
    There is a lot more to raw feeding than simply defrosting some mince and throwing it into a bowl.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice