Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Feeding Query

Discussion in 'Rabbits' started by Nonnie, Aug 10, 2009.

1. Nonnie

Nonnie PetForums VIP

Lottie is about 9 months old now. Currently she has free access to pellets over night, so thats about 10-12 hours.

She was emaciated when i got her, but now is a perfect weight, and a good size.

Im wondering when to cut her pellets down to a small, fixed amount like Norberts, and just have her mainly on hay and fresh. Shes a VERY active rabbit, and i dont want her to drop any weight.

2. pets-life

pets-life Banned

3. cassie01

cassie01 PetForums VIP

if you think shes the perfect weight id start reducing it slowly about now, that gives her chance to get used to the diet change with you monitoring it before she puts on too much more. if shes very active she will probably need a bit more then other buns, espeially to start with, so its best to do it really slow, unless she is putting on a bit too much weight then you might need to speed it up slightly.

4. emzybabe

emzybabe PetForums VIP

I'd reduce it down to maybe twice the amount u would like her to be on, see how she copes with that for a month and monitor her weight, then reduce down if her weight is ok

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice