Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Feeding puppies

Discussion in 'Dog Health and Nutrition' started by Wilky, Jul 11, 2009.

1. Wilky

Wilky PetForums Junior

i've got my pups now eating puppy meat in a morning 2 tins between 2 and some softened biscuits in the evening.. is this too little, should i be giving them another feed in the afternoon?

they are 4 weeks old today

2. ad_1980

ad_1980 PetForums VIP

me thinks they should be getting more than that but i'm sure some experienced breeder should help you soon.

3. Wilky

Wilky PetForums Junior

think i might have to up them to one extra meal in the afternoon..

4. ad_1980

ad_1980 PetForums VIP

Personally i think they need to be fed a lot more times than that.

When we picked our puppies up from the breeders we were told we should feed them 4-5 times a day - and that's when they are 8 weeks old.

I could be wrong though i'm sure some fabulous person will come by soon and advise you!

5. sallyanne

sallyanne Guest

Wilky is weaning pups ;) :D

By 8 weeks they should be fully weaned and having four small meals a day,so at four weeks they are doing ok,they are probably still feeding off Mum too.

Gradually increase the food,try giving them another meal at lunchtime from next week and by week six give them a fourth supper.
    We used to feed our pups at around 7am 12 midday,5pm and last feed at 9/10pm.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice