Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Feeding My Youngster.... HELP

Discussion in 'Horse Health and Nutrition' started by Gert_89, Aug 4, 2009.

1. Gert_89

Gert_89 PetForums Junior

I have a traditional cob gelding 1yr 4mnths, he is currently not being stabled (until winter)
    I wanted to know if anyone had any advice about feeding him?
    Hes currently on 1 scoop Alfa-A Oil and 1 scoop D&H Mare and Youngstock (and a bit of garlic and water)
    As hes not getting any strenuous exercise (taken out on the roads walking once a week) hes getting a bit of a belly on him.
    Am i feeding him too much as i dont want him to suffer from me feeding him too much or too little?
    This is him a month or so ago but he has got a much bigger belly but also alot more muscle!!
    PLEASE HELP thanx kirsty xxx

Attached Files:

#1 Gert_89, Aug 4, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2009
  2. shortbackandsides

shortbackandsides PetForums VIP

Hi good doers really dont need hard feed over the summer when grazings good.I give mine a pasture lick in the field to ensure all minerals and vitamins are there:)

3. toddy

toddy PetForums Senior

I agree none of my good doers get fed in the summer months.
    He looks fine to me.

4. Gert_89

Gert_89 PetForums Junior

Ok thanks! I was just worried that if i didnt feed him he wouldnt be getting what he needs as he is only still a baby! x

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice