Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Feeding my Bengal on a budget

Discussion in 'Cat Health and Nutrition' started by Abihughes, Oct 18, 2020.

1. Abihughes

Abihughes PetForums Newbie

Hi guys new to the forum but not bengals my bengal is 4 years old and has always been fed canine Bengal dry food and purina pro,But my hubby has just lost his job and I cannot afford to feed him this anymore can someone please advise on good cheap quality wet and dry food I’m uk location many thanks

2. OrientalSlave

OrientalSlave Shunra Oriental Cats

Sorry about your hubby, it's hard times for a lot of people at present. :(

Go online at Zooplus - there are lots of good foods in tins there, and several of them come in mixed packs. However don't change his food suddenly as it could upset his tummy. There's a sticky on their foods, sorry it's rather long:

https://www.petforums.co.uk/threads...-just-the-good-stuff-work-in-progress.440844/

Abihughes likes this.
  3. chillminx

chillminx PetForums VIP

@Abihughes - as well as the Zooplus wet foods OS has suggested you could look at some of the supermarkets own makes of grain free wet food, e.g Sainsbury's trays which are good value.

A diet of mostly wet food will be best for him. If you want to still feed some dry I'd choose a make that has minimum ingredients, and is high in meat protein, and low in carbs, e.g. Thrive Premium Plus Dry.

https://www.petsathome.com/shop/en/pets/thrive-90%-chicken-with-turkey-dry-cat-food-15kg

As OS said, please introduce new foods very slowly, starting with a very small amount in a dish alongside his usual food. Only introduce one new food at a time, no more often than once every 3 weeks.

4. Abihughes

Abihughes PetForums Newbie

5. chillminx

chillminx PetForums VIP

@Abihughes

Butchers cat food is certainly a low budget food, but as it contains a large percentage of jelly and not much meat, you would need to feed at least twice as much to keep him satisfied.

I tried it years ago for my cats and none of them would touch it. Perhaps your boy is less fussy than mine seem to be! ;)

If you are going to feed him some Butchers I would make it one of a variety of foods that includes some better quality makes.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice