UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, my second post

our female husky has given birth to a litter of 5, 3 days ago, all feeding well and coming along.

Our bitch however has somewhat turned off her food, puppy food (she liked it before she had the pups)

we have being told to add some raw mince as its good for her whilst feeding the pups, is this ok ? and ive read that you need to freeze it first and then defrost before giving it

also, is it normal for the mother to somewhat go off her food only 3 days after, she will eat it but now only if we add the mince

Any advise on this please

Mark

·
Banned
21,573 Posts
You'll probably get more advice if you post in the breeding section, my bitch went completely off her food (raw fed) after the pups arrived, she needed an emergency c-section however. I tried different raw foods, even cooked chicken and rice which she turned her nose up. I ended up giving her Chappie until her appetite returned, it took about five days before she would eat any raw food at all. I usually have a tin of chappie in the larder cupboard in case one of them has a dodgy tummy and I haven't got time to cook up something bland for them.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Hi sleeping lion and thank you for your reply

when searching the net i find lots of different advise and never really know what to believe

I will post this in that section as mentioned and hope to get some answers

cheers

Edit: If admin could please close this thread as i have posted in the correct section, cheers

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.