Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

feeding guidelines

Discussion in 'Dog Health and Nutrition' started by corrine3, Jun 28, 2009.

1. corrine3

corrine3 PetForums VIP

should you feed ur dog according to breed size or according to current weight. obv fletcher is just 7month lab so not fully grown, feeding him 400g a day at the moment, does that sound bout right?

2. haeveymolly

haeveymolly PetForums VIP

I always go with the weight, as not all dogs are typical of their breed size, there is quite a wide margin on the weights so always think of the ammount and type of excercise they are getting and adjust accordingly.

3. reddogs

reddogs PetForums Senior

I start at the bottom of the feeding guidelines on the packet of food and adjust accordingly

Burns seem to calculate about 10gms per kilo body weight per day for full grown dogs

4. savebiodiversity

savebiodiversity PetForums Newbie

Do you know if there are food animalist pet owners should avoid?

Now I 'm concerned about this.
    Home : Save the primates
    Should we trust this research?Now I avoid not necessary products but what about pet food?
    Know something about veggie food for pets?

5. gupi_singh

gupi_singh PetForums Newbie

i av a 9 week french mastiff, and i feed him hills science large breed, according to the back guideline, it sayz i should feed him 330g a day according to his size, which is 9.2kg, i think this is to little for him.

6. Fleur

Fleur Vassal to Lilly and Ludo

Most dog food has a recommended amount for a growing puppy based on there approximate expected full grown size.
    Then once the pups are a year (depending on food and breed) change to recommended food for current weight.
    I would check the instructions on the food, as different foods recommend different amounts.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice