Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Feeding arrangements in a multi-kitty household.

Discussion in 'Cat Health and Nutrition' started by Heybunny, Jan 5, 2012.

1. Heybunny

Heybunny PetForums Member

Hi! I'm wondering how you people with multiple cats handle feeding times. Basically my two are sharing a large, shallow puppy bowl I got from P@H, as when I tried to feed them separately, Poppy would try and share Tabitha's food. When they were finished, Tabs would start on the other bowl. The cat bowls I've seen were not wide enough for both of their heads. XD

Should I be splitting them up for meals? Are they ok to eat out of this one bowl? If so, how do I know how much each kitty is eating?

Also, I'm feeding one tetrapak (paté) per day, half earlier and half in the evening - sometimes I'll give them a pouch of Nature's menu later on also. I suspect this might not be enough for two 5.5 month old kitties. :eek: I'd like to know so I can change amounts accordingly.

Thank you. :D

2. Grace_Lily

Grace_Lily PetForums VIP

Personally mine are fed like this

[​IMG]

I like to know exactly how much each cat has eaten, and in the past seeing that one of them was off their food was the first sign that they were unwell, I wouldn't have had that warning if they all shared. I don't have any real difficulty in keeping everyone to their own bowl, they try and switch but once each cat has finished I just send them into another room or stand by whoever is still eating to keep them at bay.

3. Heybunny

Heybunny PetForums Member

So cute. :D I wish mine were that disciplined! I'll grab two cat food bowls from P@H or Zooplus then. :)

4. Grace_Lily

Grace_Lily PetForums VIP

Don't fall for it! If I wasn't there supervising all hell would break loose once they started to finish their own meals and go after each others! :p

I think that's a good idea, like I said in the past having them eat individually has come in useful for me :)

5. Cleo38

Cleo38 PetForums VIP

I have to supervise my two; Winnie has to eat up on the worktop whilst Basil is fed behind a baby gate.

Basil wolfs his dinner down then jumps the baby gate whilst I have to then ensure he can't get at Winnies .... then I have to go & supervise the dogs whilst they have their meals!

6. sharonchilds

sharonchilds PetForums VIP

Aww love em. x:)

7. sharonchilds

sharonchilds PetForums VIP

Like grace lily i also have 5, so i do watch them to make sure my greedy black cat doesnt eat 5 bowlfulls.:)
    They all have their own dishes, mine dont like to share :D

8. Dante

Dante PetForums VIP

Bit of a free for all at mine I'm afraid but they all eat different foods so I can always tell who has/hasn't eaten. They come and go as they please - given up on set meals times after getting the girls.

9. Cazzer

Cazzer PetForums VIP

Four in the kitchen [they all eat 'normal' food]. One in the bathroom, one in the bedroom and one in the hall [all on different 'special' diets] :frown2:

10. Jenny1966

Jenny1966 PetForums VIP

Mine have their own bowls, but as you can see from the attached it's a waste of time :D

Attached Files:

• 024.jpg
      024.jpg
      File size:
      84.2 KB
      Views:
  11. we love bsh's

we love bsh's PetForums VIP

were something like you 1 is on special diet so cant let her get the others food or that will be it total upset stomach than we have 1 which wont eat tinned meat in any brand she just likes the royal canin sensible all a bit of a nightmare but its just how it is:)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice