Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Feeding amounts with mixed feeding Wainwrights

Discussion in 'Dog Health and Nutrition' started by shihpoo, Jun 11, 2017.

1. shihpoo

shihpoo PetForums Newbie

Hi

Just wondered if anyone can offer some advice?

We have a one year old poodle x Shih tzu who weighs 8.5kg. She was having Wainwrights dry food but went off it, so I have tried the Wainwrights wet trays which she seems to really like.

My query is how much to feed her. We want to mix feed with wet food and kibble. The WW wet trays are 385g a tray and suggest that dogs between 5kg-12kg have 0.5 of a tray to 1.25 trays per day. She currently has Harringtons hypoallergenic kibble which has a feeding guide of 65g-220g for dogs weighing between 3kg - 10kg.

I have been giving her a third of the 395g Wainwrights wet trays a day, split between a morning and evening meal so about 66g per meal plus a handful of the Harringtons kibble stirred in (about 25g) with each meal. So per day about 182g in total plus a few small treats.

Is it enough?

She seems to be fine and is eating it all with relish and hasn't lost or gained weight but I just wondered if I've got the mix proportions right or completely wrong?

2. bogdog

bogdog PetForums Senior

If she's fine on what she's getting, then the amounts are right for her. Adjust quantities if she starts losing or gaining weight. The guidelines on pet food packaging are just that - guidelines. Every pet is different.

Happy Paws2 and lullabydream like this.
  3. MaggiesMom

MaggiesMom PetForums Senior

Sounds similar to what Maggie gets. She has one meal a day which is lilys kitchen trays or harringtons trays which are 150g and small handful of wainwrights kibble. Shes 11.6kg and we're bringing her weight down a bit on the advice of our vet, she should be around 10kg. She was getting about 200g of wet plus kibble and too many treats, we've brought her weight down from 12.7 to 11.6 since the beginning of april.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice