Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Feeding again....

Discussion in 'Dog Breeding' started by Callie, May 25, 2010.

1. Callie

Callie PetForums Senior

Have just given Amber some food and as one of the kids had left some of their cheese from a Dairylea dunker I coated some of her dog food in it and she scoffed it!!
    This is the first she has eaten dog food in days and I know not to supplement but considering she has had very little calcium in her diet due to lack of appetite and surviving on tripe,chicken and brown bread do you think it would not be advisable to do this again or do you think it would be ok to do it again.(I am only coating it not giving spoonfuls at a time.
    On day 62. Temp still stable. Cleaned her teats tonight and saw first wee bit of milk...

2. Tanya1989

Tanya1989 PetForums VIP

Yes this will be fine, you can also do her a cheese omlet or cheese on toast. Her bones won't be weakened don't worry about that. In whelp bitches should have very little calcium. You can gived her calcium related food but never supplements. most like scrambled egg, try this on toast or something. Cream cheese is ok too

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice