Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Fed up; back to square one!!

Discussion in 'Dog Training and Behaviour' started by kat&molly, Mar 25, 2011.

1. kat&molly

kat&molly PetForums VIP

Scruff who came to us for foster[but stayed] in December aged 3 wasn't house trained, so I got her clean during the day but had problems with her being dirty, poo only at night. I ignored it for a long time thinking it would right itself and she just needed to settle. The kitchen floor is tiled so it wasn't too bad.
    I started getting up at 2 hourly intervals in the night and taking her out- she never did anything ever in the garden but still left me a parcel by morning.
    I kept all this from OH but eventually had to tell him and resorted to using a crate for 3 weeks , not once did she need to go out during the night-no mess. Great. She sleeps at the side of my bed and the crate was huge.
    I've taken the crate away and the past 2 morning have got up to a mess.
    Grrrrrr, I've now got to start again.:cryin:

2. RobD-BCactive

RobD-BCactive PetForums VIP

Did you gradually move the crate out of the bedroom and into the kitchen?

3. rolo&me

rolo&me PetForums Newbie

We had to gradually move the crate away with Rolly. But he wouldn't settle at all without it so we gave it him back, I think he finds it his "den"/safe haven away from the boys.

From what i've heard &/or read most dogs will not foul a crate as its there bed and they dont mess in their beds, so if you dont want him to have it then i think you'll definatly need to wean him off it.

4. kat&molly

kat&molly PetForums VIP

Hi, Scruff sleeps on the floor in her bed at the side of me. I just put her bed in the crate-same place, for 3 weeks. All I've done is taken the crate away. She sneaks off in to the kitchen to leave me a present.I cant close bedroom door because if she done it in the bedroom in the dark it wouldn't be very nice the next morning, [OH is still sleeping]
    Think I'm going to have to bring the crate back:(

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice