Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Favourite memory...

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by PoisonGirl, Jul 2, 2009.

1. PoisonGirl

PoisonGirl Banned

Of when your dog was a puppy?

With Dixie it would be the first time she barked :) She was playing with her rag toy and she was crouching down and pouncing towards it, biting it then jumping backwards. Then a bark popped out and she looked so surprised, as if the rag toy had done it! She was really cautious of it and kept looking at it sideways :)
    And when she saw herself in the mirror! I had been using it to do my jigsaw on (the only flat thing big enough) and I propped it up on the floor and she just kept barking at it (I think I have a video of that somewhere, I'm going to look for it.

And the way she used to sleep on the bus...
    [​IMG]

x

JSR likes this.
  2. sullivan

sullivan PetForums VIP

Mine would be when Murphy my cocker sat for the first time on command he was just over 8 weeks old wed only had him a few days . Can remember standing in the kitchen with a piece of chicken . Didnt think hed do it but learnt so quickly.

3. basi

basi PetForums Senior

With mine it is the first time they yodel:D

4. kelly

kelly PetForums Member

i cant pick one!!

chase: when we brought him home from dogs trust and he looked so sad laid on the floor so my hubby let him up on our arm chair.:)

Brody: the first time i took him down for a walk by the river and he just dived in!:D

5. JSR

JSR PetForums VIP

What a lovely thread!

As I've only been lucky enough to have Sidney from a puppy I can only say about him. My favourite memory was the day after I moved to the coast and I took him to the beach for his first look at the sea!! He was around 15 weeks old and not too impressed...

[​IMG]

Needless to say that soon changed when his favourite foster dog Mutley showed him the ropes (sadly I heard Mutley died earlier this year at only 7 years old from cancer...he was my first offical foster dog and the one I always wished I'd kept :()

[​IMG]

6. Patterdale_lover

Patterdale_lover PetForums VIP

The first day i had Bess was my favourite :)
    She sat in the corner of the couch (that she still sits in till this day) and just watched everything going on around her. My parents went out and my brother and his faincee were all talking about her (which made me very happy and show offy :p) Then I made a little bed for her in my room, and i put her in it, but everytime i went to get into bed, she would sit up and jump on my bed. So we ended up falling asleep together on the floor. :D

7. bichonsrus

bichonsrus PetForums Senior

The best memory i have is when i had bought my girl home and told my eldest to go take her upstairs until my other kids got back from their dads as i wanted to do a big suprise thing. They had no idea i had gone to pick up a puppy, i had just told them that i was gong to get them a present while they were at their dads that day. Well i wanted to wait until their dad went, he is not an animal lover and i didnt want the memory of the kids first glimpse of their new pup being mared! Anyway.........he went, eventually, so kids say, can we have our present now........so i call my daughter down and say will you bring the stuff down i got for the kids? Well if you could of seen the look on their faces, it was the best thing ever. They knew we were saving up for a dog, i had been telling them to put pennies in a jar for one lol, they were so shocked and happy, best moment ever!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice