Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

fat pouches!!! D:

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by KittehNom, Feb 2, 2012.

1. KittehNom

KittehNom PetForums Member

Little Starbuck, my Seal Tortie Birman, went for her spay today. She is just over 6 months old and weighs 3.07kg at the vets. I am mortified though, as the vet said she had fat pouches and was very fatty in the abdomen when they operated :(

I am so careful with what I feed them. Between her and Jango (my Blue Point boy who is just over 9 months) they have 1 400g can of Animoda Carny (which to be fair they don't always finish anyway) and they have dry food down for when they want it, but the hardly touch the stuff and get through maybe 1 small bowl in a week.

They are very active, always playing with each other or me and racing through the flat.

When I examined Jango I realised he had fat pouches too (worse than Starbuck)! On my scales at home he weighs 3.78kg

I feel awful. I was always told to let kittens eat what they want, but now they are apparently 'fat' and the vet said I need to be careful they don't get any bigger :(

Any advice??

Fran x

2. Shadow And Lightning

Shadow And Lightning PetForums VIP

mine got weighed today, 3.47 kg for lightning and 2.94 for shadow,
    vet said shadow needs to put a bit on but isnt exactly underweight
    lightning is just a big cat, they get about 200g a day, no food left out cause lightning can and will eat it all in one sitting!
    my vet said nothing about lightnings weight even tho i was concerned he was a bit too heavy now.

but arent birmans big cats anyway? dont know much about breeds but i assumed they were one of the more stocky breeds, i could be wrong tho :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice