Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

fast breathing normal??

Discussion in 'Cat Breeding' started by donna81, Jul 15, 2009.

1. donna81

donna81 PetForums Member

eeny and her babies are all snuggled in the box and all seem fine appart from the fact that eeny breathing keeps getting really fast, when i talk to her or stroke her it slows down. it is quite a warm muggy day today, could that be the reason? ive got eeny and the babies in my bedroom with the windows open a bit but with the box well away from the window so the babies dont get a chill

2. mypets

mypets PetForums Senior

did you say that you think there is one more in there? cant remember..yeh it is warm today plus shes just given birth, so her body needs to calm down from the labour...but if shes not distressed then i wouldnt worry too much...but if you are concerned then call the vet...

keep an eye on her hun...:smilewinkgrin:

3. ellie8024

ellie8024 PetForums VIP

my graycie had kittens a few days ago and she still breaths heavily in this weather also it does take a little while for her body to get used to motherhood etc, as mypets said just keep an eye on her

4. donna81

donna81 PetForums Member

thanks, i think i just need to chill out. she seems fine now. i dont think there are anymore, shes all settled down and taking really well to being a mummy :D

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice