Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Fashion

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Doggiesrule100, Sep 29, 2013.

1. Doggiesrule100

Doggiesrule100 PetForums Member

Ok so now I can't sleep, I'm posting something! About fashion as you can probably tell by the name haha! I'm getting to that age where I'm actually beginning yo like shopping (I used to hate it!)

What shops do you all shop at and who are your style icons?

2. ItsonlyChris

ItsonlyChris PetForums Senior

I don't have any style icons :eek:

I do like shopping at Burtons or Next but we all like a bit of Primark/Peacocks now and again.

It's strange how you can buy an entire outfit for say... £30-£40 at Primark but then at shops like Burton, an entire outfit can cost £80-£100. Then you can buy tops for more than £100 in some shops :eek:

Can't sleep either and after getting to that stage where I question everything, I decided to come here.

3. tinktinktinkerbell

New look
    Asos
    Amazon

Don't have a style icon

4. Mese

Mese PetForums VIP

Style Icon - Compo from Last of the summer wine :D

I dont like shopping , never have done and at 48 I doubt im ever going to.
    I live in Jeans and T-shirts all year round and throw a jumper on if it gets too cold - I go barefoot in the summer and wear my clompy but ever so comfy mens workboots (which are over 10 years old now and still going strong) when I have to put something on my feet (infact they are the only footwear I own apart from my slippers)

Not much of a girlie girl am I , lmao

5. Fleur

Fleur Vassal to Lilly and Ludo

I buy a lot of my clothes now from the supermarket. It's just so convenient. I also like next, m&s and monsoon - just realised how middle aged that all sounds!
    Style wise, everyday wear is jeans or cotton trousers with a t shirt and sandals in summer and a dress over leggings with boots in winter.
    And I can't think of anyone I aspire to dress like although the 2 people I admire their dress sense most are my mum and Audrey Hepburn

6. Aurelie

Aurelie PetForums VIP

I've always liked clothes but now that I am 34 some shops like Top Shop are becoming a bit out of bounds (I'm sure I must set the age alarms off!).

My main haunts are
    Zara
    Whistles
    French Connection
    Reiss (when the sale is on)
    Fat Face
    Mango

As far as style icons go that changes, but at the moment I like Claudia Winkleman and Lauren Laverne - anyone that can do autumn layering well.

7. Mulish

Mulish Just a Little Penguin

Mese has just become my style icon as I want to know where to get some comfy work boots that'll last. I get through shoes like crazy, I assume because I walk a lot.

I don't like clothes shopping, I live in joggers and t-shirts unless I'm going out when I'll put a nicer pair of jeans on. I spend all my time either mumsying about or dog walking so no point in getting dolled up. I think I own a dress in case of emergency weddings but I'm not 100% sure. I shop in supermarkets, unsurprisingly.

8. metame

metame PetForums VIP

I don't have any style icons and I hate shopping.
    I shop at New look, Evans and supermarkets and rowfers
    I live in jeans and rowfers tshirts :p

9. Iheartcats

Iheartcats PetForums VIP

I shop at:

Next
    Marks and Spencer (Per Una) range
    George at Asda
    Dorothy Perkins
    Animal (always in the sale!)

I don't have a style icon. I follow my own style although I do take Trinny and Susannah's advice on what NOT to wear for my particular body type/shape.

10. missRV

missRV PetForums VIP

I love shopping!

River Island
    Topshop
    Primark (for work clothes)
    Select
    New Look
    Next

I've had some really food finds on ebay too, I got a gorgeous winter coat this year from a seller on ebay, brand new with tags, a fit and flare style similar to one I nearly got in Next for £90, it was only £47! Result!

11. redroses2106

redroses2106 PetForums VIP

I loves clothes and shopping, haven't enough room in my very large wardrobe for all my clothes so had to buy some little rails :eek: I am my own style icon lol, I buy what I like and wear what I like, I don't follow trends, (unless I like them) I have things that are 3 years old and soooooo yesterday but will still wear em, at least nobody else is wearing them anymore :p

I like to shop at
    jane norman
    motel rocks
    asos
    new look
    quiz
    sometimes getthelabel
    sometimes boohoo
    topshop
    river island
    bank
    ax paris
    sometimes I get an idea so google it and find some random site that I will buy from etsy also has some lovely handmade items

12. LolaBoo

LolaBoo PetForums VIP

I dont do clothes shopping just dosnt intrest me, as long as i have some jeans and t-shirts all is good and i normally get them from evans or yours clothing, i do tend to spend more on what i wear on me feet, at minute im living in my Vans
    But come winter it will be wellies

13. Mese

Mese PetForums VIP

I got these boots from a catalogue , cant remember which one :)

I walk the dogs three times a day in all kinds of weather and all ive ever had to do with the boots over the years (besides clean the mud of them , lol) is change the insoles and the laces

Im actually going to be upset when they do fall apart as they really are soooo comfy

14. Bloodraine5252

Bloodraine5252 PetForums Senior

I hate shopping because I can never find stuff that fits right.

I mainly shop at Asda, matalan and New Look but I love Spiral and Hellbunny stuff I just can't afford to solely have that.

I like shoes but not bought any in ages. Never really branded ones, except for Dr Martins. I live in my docs! Found a person on Facebook who customises shoes so I think I might revamp some of my old pairs.

I don't have a style icon but love Helena Bonham Carter, Haley Williams and Amy Lee's style.

15. CavalierOwner

CavalierOwner PetForums VIP

I don't have any style icons, I just wear what I want to wear. I NEVER wear skirts or dresses, I prefer skinny jeans with a blouse or jumper depending on the weather. I never wear heels unless I go to a party or something, I find them impractical, who the hell wants to walk round town or a supermarket in heels?!

I always buy my jeans from River Island. I usually buy my tops from

Next
    Miss Selfridge
    House Of Fraser
    Top Shop
    Warehouse

I do like some stuff from ASOS but never ordered because I really cba with sending things back if they don't fit! I don't go shopping all that often because I really don't enjoy it (unless I'm buying makeup) so when I do go I'll buy loads at once so that I don't have to shop again for a while. :lol: I also have a habit of buying an item i really like in every colour it comes in!

Shoe wise I wear flats or boots depending on the weather! The comfiest pair of boots I have ever owned are by Blowfish, think I got them from Schuh, they were about £75 but I've had them for at least 3 years and couldn't ever part with them so they have had 3 trips to the cobblers to have a new heel and sole. :lol: the legs are lovely and wide fitting so even with jeans tucked in there is still plenty of room, and buckles on the side allow you to tighten/loosen them.

I actually noticed that blowfish have a new style of the same boots and because I love my first pair so much I'm going to buy them but still going to keep my old pair. My original pair are almost exactly the same but have two buckles instead of 3. Women's Black Blowfish Kasbah at schuh

16. sharonbee

sharonbee PetForums VIP

I love dresses, skirts, heels...anything feminine, I used to like Jane Norman but they seem to be closing everywhere now, I tend to go to Quiz, New Look, River Island, Republic and Dotty P's.

17. cheekyscrip

cheekyscrip Pitchfork blaster

I like slightly boho look and sort of "Laura Ashley" romantic touch...
    I can do long dresses and "cute" florals and polka dots at times...
    and crazy colours like this summer:D

Mango is ok for trousers and some dresses..Dorothy Perkins usually has something..

and :eek: BHS....
    Peacock can surprise you ..especially for simple utility trousers or leggings or vests....

in winter I am very happy in my lumberjack shirts:) and jeans...

18. KennyReid61

KennyReid61 PetForums Newbie

GANT has mainly been my go-to. Probably a bit more expensive than the typical high street brand, but their style is really unique.

Great for shirts especially - where their heritage comes from etc. They also get a lot of new stuff weekly, which is always worth checking out. I think they do a good range of kids & homeware stuff too? but I'm not 100% sure - I've basically only used it for men's stuff.

Other brands i'd mention are topshop, debenhams, new look - cheaper than GANT, still a great range. I've actually found topshop to be the best when it comes to looking for an outlet than offers a really wide range of stuff for a great price.

Happy Shopping

19. SusieRainbow

SusieRainbow Administrator
    Staff Member

This thread is 7 years old , no longer active.
    Why don't you introduce yoursef and your pets ?
    welcome to PFUK !:)

20. kimthecat

kimthecat PetForums VIP

Has anyone heard of Floryday online shopping? They have lovely blouses but Ive never heard of them before they popped up on a games website I use.

So , mainly Cottontraders . A few things from Primark.

ETA just seen the above post. maybe start a new thread ?

SusieRainbow likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice