Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Farmers Market

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Bisbow, Mar 19, 2017.

1. Bisbow

Bisbow PetForums VIP

Just got back from our local farmers market and all the stuff I bought is locally Produced

Lovely fish caught off the Kent coast, beautiful meat from a farm just a few miles away and really fresh, crisp green veg
    Even Chilli was treated to treats made by a local lady (and lots of belly rubs and cuddles}

I bought myself some lovely Turkish delight from a very polite Turkish man, not sure where it was made but it is delicious

The baker makes superb cakes, bread and savoury snacks

It is a great market to visit and everyone is very friendly and nice, It is really getting established now and is growing, hope it stays that way, I would miss it if it went

2. Happy Paws2

Happy Paws2 PetForums VIP

You are lucky our local farmer market is a big con. most of the stuff you can tell they have brought in and not locally grown.

Glad you you had a good time and Chilli got spoilt:)

#2 Happy Paws2, Mar 19, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 19, 2017
    Lurcherlad and stockwellcat. like this.
  3. Bisbow

Bisbow PetForums VIP

Living here means we know most of the farmers that use it, we could almost tell you the cows name except they have numbers

stockwellcat. and Happy Paws2 like this.
  4. Calvine

Calvine PetForums VIP

Well, not sure if ours is a con as such, I don't think so, but it is certainly unbelievably expensive...I'm guessing about the same as Fortnum and Mason's! :eek: The stuff is pretty good. But then I'm guessing in Richmond they likely pay a fortune for a stall...who knows...plus the cost of parking their vans for the day.

5. Bisbow

Bisbow PetForums VIP

It is not so cheap as supermarket stuff but much better quality and not too expensive as things go
    I find I don't need as much meat ti make a decent pie or such a large joint as it is much more tasty and filling so in the long run it could work out cheaper if I bothered to check it out

6. Happy Paws2

Happy Paws2 PetForums VIP

Yes ours is a little expensive as well, but as most of the stall holders are from (dare I say not Local if you get my dift :eek:) it's hardly a local market. The bread however is lovely and some of the jams and honey but is the veg and meat I really worry about.

7. Bisbow

Bisbow PetForums VIP

It won't be long until the cows and calves are turned out on the marshes to graze, from next month I think
    That's when we have to be careful walking Chilli, Cows with calves can be very protective so we walk in the other direction but I do like to see the calves running about

8. shadowmare

shadowmare The dog doesn't bite, me on the other hand...

We have a little farmers market around the corner from my flat once a month. It has some lovely looking stuff but unfortunately it is too expensive for me :( I like to pass it on my walk with Axel though. The fish looks especially nice and fresh there!

rona and Bisbow like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice