Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

FAO Tapir, or any other clever person

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by sue&harvey, May 23, 2010.

1. sue&harvey

sue&harvey PetForums VIP

Hi I was wondering if you could tell me how you make the Sig banners. I have been trying on photo shop for ages and got nowhere. Hope you don;t mind me asking :)
    If it's top secret information then I will understand :D
    Thanks sue

2. ClaireLily

ClaireLily PetForums Senior

i make mine in power point, just put all pics n text on a slide then save it as a .jpg you can then open the jpg in photoshop or google picasa which is free and crop it if needed.

hope that helps

3. sue&harvey

sue&harvey PetForums VIP

Thanks Ill have a look, yours and tapir's look good.

4. alaun

alaun PetForums VIP

Sequeena is dead good at them - she gave me a step by step guide and I made one. Unfortunatly I can't remember now how to do it. :D

5. smudgiesmummy

smudgiesmummy PetForums VIP

i do mine on photoshop... but sometimes use borders on photobucket

6. sue&harvey

sue&harvey PetForums VIP

I have been trying on photoshop but will have another look, and try from photo bucket. If anyone has any other ideas
    Thanks all :)

7. sequeena

sequeena PetForums VIP

LOL you div :lol:

I don't have photoshop or anything fancy. My current sig was made on photobucket :)

Usually I use Photo editor online pixlr free edit image direct in your browser to make my sigs :)

8. Aurelia

Aurelia PetForums VIP

It's easy peasy, if you upload a couple of pic you want to use on this thread, I'll do a step by step tutorial for everyone to use if ya like :D I don't mind. In fact I like doing tutorials for some reason :lol:

9. sue&harvey

sue&harvey PetForums VIP

Aww thanks :thumbup:

Here's the pics

011.jpg

390.jpg

701.jpg

493.jpg

144.jpg

10. Aurelia

Aurelia PetForums VIP

What about some names hon ;)

11. sue&harvey

sue&harvey PetForums VIP

Opps may help :eek:
    The woofer is Harvey and the ginger fur ball is Kitty :)

12. xxwelshcrazyxx

xxwelshcrazyxx PetForums VIP

Mine was done by Smudge, I sent her some pic's of the dogs and she did this, good eh.:thumbup:

13. sue&harvey

sue&harvey PetForums VIP

Love yours shows all of your beautiful babies :thumbup:

14. Tapir

Tapir PetForums VIP

i use paint and picnik :)

15. sue&harvey

sue&harvey PetForums VIP

Thanks Ive had a look but still can't see how you get it to look like yours. Do you have to be a premium member?

16. Tapir

Tapir PetForums VIP

no, just free.

i get the images and cut them out on paint, then upload onto picnik, layer on differant patterns, matte/vignette, add borders, stickers and text then save it. :)

17. sue&harvey

sue&harvey PetForums VIP

Clear as mud. Ill have a go. :D

18. Aurelia

Aurelia PetForums VIP

Right :D

This is the sig I just created, and have subsequently put together a little tutorial for you all so you can have a go yourself.

Hope you like it Sue :D
    [​IMG]

To make a sig like this I use Corel Paint Shop Pro Photox2 (you can downlod the free trial here: http://www.corel.com/servlet/Satellite/gb/en/Product/1208530085925#tabview=tab6 ). But you can use any software (almost). The premise is the same in most, though different function might be worded differently, so you will have to fiddle around.

Step 1
    [​IMG]

1. Click the file as pictured, then find the photo's you want to use for your signatures and open them.
    2. Using the crop tool shape and size your images appropriately. Once you have cropped them, it is a good idea to resize them as well. You can do this by going Image>resize and then resize to how big you would like them in your sig. In this instance I resized the crop to 108x108 pixels.

Step 2:
    [​IMG]

1. Click on the new image icon as pictured. When the screen pops up decided on a size that you would like your whole finished signature to be. This can be changed later if you need to, but as a rough guide I'd say about 300 x 200 pixels.

2. Once you click OK a little box should appear as pictured.

3. Next click the bucket fill tool as pictured.

Step 3:
    [​IMG]

1. Chose what colour you would like for your back ground from the colour palette. Then click the centre of the little box and you should now see your box is the colour you chose.

Step 4:
    [​IMG]

1, 2 & 3. selecting the shape tool and then the eclipse tool from there. On the colour pallet select two different colours. left click on your chose colour for the border colour of the spots, and right click on a different colour for the centre. Click and drag on your box to create different sized spots.

Step 5:
    [​IMG]

1. Right click on your chosen image for the right hand side of your signature, the click copy.

Step 6:
    [​IMG]

1. Now right click inside your new box, and then go to paste > paste as new layer.

Step 7:
    [​IMG]

1. Now your image appears in the box click the erase tool to the left labeled.

2. Try and set your erase tool to the setting seen here.

3. Now as you move over your image you should see your tool (it's the black outline of a circle here). Keeping your tool so that it is half on your image and half off, left click and drag around your image to diffuse the edges and get rid of any distracting bits.

Step 8:

[​IMG]

1. As you can see the edges now look pixelated. There is nothing worse than seeing messy bits like this, or jagged edges from hasty lasso cropping. SO now we are going to soften things a little :)

2. Click on the tool as pictured, and then select the soften brush. Using the settings at the top (like where the one for the erasing was), and the same technique as before, drag your brush around the edges to soften them.
    You should end up with something like this:
    [​IMG]

At this point you can do the same for all your other images. Just follow the same steps 5 -8.

Step 9:
    [​IMG]

1. now we will add some names. Click on the text icon as pictured. Then click on your box. Another box should pop up at this point to type your text into. Once you have typed your text, select all the text in the box so it's highlighted blue.

2. Now you can choose your font here, and letter size. You should be able to see what it will look like previewed on your image (you can move it, so dont worry about where it turns up at this point.

3. At the colour palette chose your font colours, They should be the same colour and order as when you did the spots. SO it's easy just to leave it if you want to co-ordinate colours. Or select new ones. Once you have chose all options, click OK and your text box will go.

4. you will be left with your text on the image, with little marching ants going all around it. This is to let you know it's static and you can now move it to where you want by dragging it.

5. Once you have chosen where you want it, click selections at the top in your menu (arrow points to it, but I accidentally cropped it too tight). Then click select none.

Continue until you have all the text you want using the same steps above.

Then it's important to merge your layers. So go to the 'layers' menu at the top near selections. Layers > Merge> merge all (flatten).

Step 10:
    [​IMG]

1. to add your border, click 'image' and then add border.

2. a little box will pop up, here you can select the colour you want for the border by hovering over your image, the little box that pops up will show you different colours as you move across. To select one you want just left click. The simply chose the pixel width you would like, in this case I chose 3 pixels.

That's it! All you need to do now is save it and add it to your signature in the usual way.

I hope this helps!

Jo xxx

#18 Aurelia, May 23, 2010
    Last edited: May 23, 2010
    sue&harvey likes this.
  19. smudgiesmummy

smudgiesmummy PetForums VIP

ive just updated my signature in picnik :thumbup:

and also changed my tiger to this one

[​IMG]

20. Aurelia

Aurelia PetForums VIP

Oh, and I just wanted to add, that this is to demonstrate the basic steps. Using different tools can give you different effects. So get creative :D

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice